Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

True or False?

Old 09-16-2004, 10:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default True or False?

Or depends?

Generally if you have a fixed position rest tuned properly then install a WB so the arrow is in the exact windage and elevation location as it was on the fixed rest, the bow should remain tuned.

I think I've got one of those false tunes Len brings up about the WB going on, and am grasping at straws on how to correct it if at all possible. My center shot is WAY left of where it was previously, yet I'm getting bullet holes from 6'-20 yards.

Any thoughts?
Old 09-16-2004, 10:24 AM

Default RE: True or False?

Range..........I'd say false !! Just the difference between spring tension on a prong rest and the WB having none ..........I would think would be one difference in tune to right from the start !

I really would paper tune, bare shaft tune.............and then focus on group tuning and you will end up tuned perfectly ! Just my $.02 !!! [8D]

Good luck !!

Or I guess what I'm saying is..........instead of telling it how to be set up...........let it tell you !!
Old 09-16-2004, 11:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

That something that would just have to be checked.
Old 09-16-2004, 11:29 AM

I'll have to go with CBM & say false, just from my experience. I had to go about an 1/8 to the right of where my NAP QT 3000 was set and I lowered my nocking point to 90 degrees.

I installed a TKO on my LX and in about 25 minutes had it set up & shooting well. A person would think that setting up a drop away would be pretty complicated and that sticking a WB on in place of a fixed rest should be a piece of cake. However, I spent a total of about 6 hours trying to get the WB to perform up to expectations.

I'd say forget the paper for now, shoot and make adjustments until your arrows are hitting the same vertical line and then the same horizontal line and then adjust your sight accordingly. Then check the paper tune & you should be close. I went through the exact same thing you are when setting mine up and this is how I finally got rid of my headache.
Old 09-16-2004, 11:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

I'd say false !! Just the difference between spring tension on a prong rest and the WB having none ..........I would think would be one difference in tune to right from the start !
Same here and for the exact same reason. Also, the contact on all three fletchings also has to affect the tune otherwise it would tune exactly like the standard rest.
Old 09-16-2004, 04:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd say false !! Just the difference between spring tension on a prong rest and the WB having none
Hmmmm,. that never even crossed my mind. I just installed a WB on my buddy's bow the other night making sure to set everything back just like it was. We haven't tried tuning it yet.
Old 09-17-2004, 05:04 AM

I would also say false. I've found that I need to set the center shot of the whisker biscuit, on most bows, about 7/8" from the riser. This is anywhere from 1/16 to 1/8" left of where most traditional rests would be.

If your arrow is traveling perfectly straight at all distances, what else is there? There is no such thing as an arrow that travels perfectly for 20 yards and then starts flying erradically because of the arrow rest position.
Old 09-17-2004, 06:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rangeball
Any thoughts?
Did you have this issue with your old rest?
Old 09-17-2004, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JeffB

ORIGINAL: Rangeball
Any thoughts?
Did you have this issue with your old rest?
Smart A$$...

I will make this work. I will own it. I will be it's master. Or I won't...

I had some thoughts last night I want to try before I expand on them, lest you think I'm on crack. Of course, that may be too late...
Old 09-17-2004, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll have to go with CBM & say false, just from my experience. I had to go about an 1/8 to the right of where my NAP QT 3000 was set and I lowered my nocking point to 90 degrees.
I have a hunch this is where I'm heading. We'll see...

Quick Reply: True or False?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.