Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Some No-Peep Musings

Old 09-13-2004, 08:48 AM

Default Some No-Peep Musings

I finished my home-made carpet target this weekend, and had a lot of time to work on my new bow. I decided my no-peep needed to come up a notch to get it closer to my bottom pin. Man I hated the thought of moving that thing. Anyway, I moved it and the second time is definitely easier than the first. Also, getting the deal very close to the bottom pin worked way better for me. Before, I had to glance away to see it. Now, I can see it perfectly at the same time as my top pin.I got it very close and started doing the fine tuning. I took a few breaks to make sure I was not fatigued and to see if I was getting to the same place without too much help from the np. It appeared to me that the thing was moving on me, and I blamed it on the fact that I had not tightened the bottom screw very tight.

Long story short(too late) the no-peep does what the maker's claim. I was torquing the bow. Not much mind you, but it does not take a lot to get the left/right to look off. Even a light tap with a finger tip can make you thing you have it wrong. This thing is going to change my grip for the better. When I stopped doing whatever it was to make the np look off, my arrows grouped better than they ever did with a peep(I used a very large one for low light hunting). I still may buy a new sight, as my current one is a bit short and I would like more extension and smaller pins. Moving my no-peep no longer scares me.
Old 09-13-2004, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Some No-Peep Musings

One thing I learned quickly about the No-Peep is that a little adjustment goes a long way! When I first mounted mine it was a chore getting things set right. Afterwards I found that the No-Peep (mounted below my sight) was actually obstructing my view so I mounted it up top. The 2nd time tuning the No-Peep was much easier. LOL.
Old 09-14-2004, 03:51 AM

I've also moved my No-Peep to the top of the riser, rather than the bottom of it. My anchor point is much closer to the nock loop, than it was before with the string peep.

Since my anchor point is much lower, I've had to move my sight housing to a large degree downwards, rather than move my individual pins. I did adjust my pins slightly during fine tuning.

Since my sight housing (and sight picture) was lowered, the No-Peep was obscuring my field of view near the pins. Moving the No-Peep to the top of things took care of that.

Kindest regards,

-Will in Maryland
Old 09-14-2004, 05:47 AM

I always recommend mounting the No-peep above one's sight. With many set-ups, it will block your view, if you shoot long ranges and mount it below. I've put them on several bows, and don't find it very difficult at all. Like most things, the more you do it, the better you get at it.
Old 09-14-2004, 07:24 AM

I looked at mounting mine at the top, but it just was not going to work. Far side of the riser was also not an option due to the design of my Toxonics. Even at the highest low position, I can see my 40 yard pin perfectly, and could likely add a 50 yard pin, but I really have no use for one.
Old 09-14-2004, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mine wouldn't work above on my bow either, which is a good thing, as I much prefer it below... Plenty of sight window.
Old 09-14-2004, 07:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rangeball

Mine wouldn't work above on my bow either, which is a good thing, as I much prefer it below... Plenty of sight window.
I originally didn't want to mount it above either but I figured it was the best way on my setup. Turns out that it actually is in the same line of sight with the sight light on my sight housing so I ended up noticing no difference in my sight window.