Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Need a new pendulum...

Old 09-14-2004, 08:43 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Need a new pendulum...

I bought the stationary mount but don't use it, I mounted the sight directly to the riser. It's harder to set elevation that way but it is more compact without the mount. In talking to the owner I got the impression that the dovetail mount might be more versatile. Why not call him and discuss it?
Old 09-14-2004, 08:46 PM
Fork Horn

Here's a review I did on it, with some more info.

http://forum.hunting.net/asppg/tm.as...edator&#539389
Old 09-14-2004, 09:02 PM

I agree with Brent.

I'm not a pendulum guy.
I don't, personally like anything Trophy ridge had come out woth either...except the Mantis V-drive. The pendulum is an optional type thing....you can lock it down of you don't use it but the pin the apeture and the Vdrive are all pretty slick.

I have toyed woth them at the shop but don't have one but that's only because I'm a cheap bastard and I think they're WAY over priced. Still a nice unit though.
Old 09-16-2004, 12:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

BW I have a suggestion that may help you and save some money. When you draw your bow, draw like you were on the ground. Bow in front of you and draw. Now bend at the waist without moving your anchor point. You no longer need a pendulum sight. You will shoot right where you aim. When you draw looking down at the target, your anchor point is lower. Walla, anchor point lower, shot higher. Try this, it works and it will save you money that you would have spent for a pendulum to buy that new range finder or other toys.
Good Hunting
Jap
Old 09-16-2004, 12:42 PM
Fork Horn

IMHO, pendulums are a waste of money unless you are shooting an old slow bow. Any bow on the market today shoots extremely flat if setup correctly. Pendulums just compensate for bad form when shooting from an elevated position.

I am shooting around 280fps and use one pin from 0-30 yards and my 30-40 yard pin is dang near touching the bottom of my top pin. No compensation needed. I also put a no-peep on my bow and this helps keep your form perfect on everyshot.
Old 09-16-2004, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

i shoot a mathews LX and use a pendulum because im really bad at judging distance