Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

loose screw in the cam...problems

Old 09-12-2004, 09:15 PM

Default loose screw in the cam...problems

i shoot a browning tornado......i have been shooting since june ....it has been shooting good.....last week i went out and shot the last shot of the day i heard something rattle...i shook the bow and found out the rattle.....it was at the cam.....it is where you change your draw length at .... the screw was loose.......so i tightened it up and shot a few more.it came loose again.....shot a few more screw comes loose makes the draw length part rattle.....well i shot it today...rattles all the time now.....so i stop and i'm mad season is sept 25th....so i'm going to the archery shop and see what he can do........will i have to put loketite on the screw.....it needs it bad......what do you think i can do....
Old 09-12-2004, 09:59 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: loose screw in the cam...problems

i just had a similar problem with an allen screw in a bear trx, but a shop replaced it and its been fine... it was actually my own fault, it must have been on really tight, and i went throgh and tightened all the allen screws and this one stripped with little effort... but now theres a new one on and im ready for the 18th
Old 09-12-2004, 10:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

try putting a drop of BLUE Loctite on the thread that will stop it from coming loose
Old 09-13-2004, 06:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

As Ausie say's a drop of Blue Loctite and all your proble,'s will dissappear.
I had the same problem with my Dually this spring and when I put the blue loctite on ,I haven't had to worry about it since .Did I say that Ausie Guy told me to do that. OH! guess I forgot .
nubo
Old 09-13-2004, 09:50 PM

The best thing about the blue locktite is that you can get the screw out again after tightening. I've had terrible luck getting screws out from draw modules on several of my bows..Hoyts and Newberrys. Once I get them loose I locktite them and all is good.
Old 09-15-2004, 03:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

The blue Loctite is #242. I loctite mine as a matter of principle. Vibratiuon loosens things up. I'd take it to the shop anyway for a look-see.