Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Purchasing a new Bowtech Patriot

Old 09-10-2004, 10:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Purchasing a new Bowtech Patriot

Congrats on the new Patriot.
This 1/16 of an inch is the very reason I received an extened windage bar for my Trophy Taker in the mail today. Hopefully Quad will do something of the same for you.
If not, I went ahead and went with a Drop Zone over the trophy taker for my Patriot. The TT required too much excess pulling of the buss cable to get vane clearance. The drop zone seems fine with no extra pull on the cables (so-far). I just put it on today and haven't fine tuned yet. I do know there is no fletching contact at this point.

Good luck with your rest choice.
Old 09-11-2004, 04:57 AM

QAD knows there is an issue with the thicker style riser. They have a fix which required me to send the original rest back and they will send me one with more adjustment to it. I will sent it our and we will wait and see. I really liked all the rest offered, just wished it fit the first time.
Old 09-11-2004, 12:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I guess there's two ways to handle a swap.
For whatever it's worth Trophy taker sends the customer the correct bar first and then you send them the older one after you get the new one.
Doing this allowed me to shoot for a couple of more days with the shorter bar. Fieldpoints didn't know the difference. It was the broadheads that cared[:-].
Old 09-11-2004, 12:52 PM

i plan on getting one at the end of deer season thats for sure.everyone i know loves this bow.
Old 09-12-2004, 01:52 PM
Fork Horn

I am a little fuzzy on this Ultra rest not fitting thing. I picked up a new Patriot 3 ays ago with a ultra rest. I've only shot it a coupple times so far but haven't noticed any problems, YET. Explain to me the issue that these rest have with the Patriot 04s. Thanks Jim
Old 09-12-2004, 10:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jim, I'll give it a shot. It's the center shot, that's the problem. If the quad is like my TT rest the center shot adjustment does not allow the rest to get far enough away from the riser.
Mine was maybe 1/16" off, but enough for broadheads to notice. One call to Trophy taker and they knew exactly what I was talking about. The new bar I was given has alot more windage adjustment over the standard bar.

Now with my new Dropzone rest my broadheads (phantoms) and fieldpoints are back together.
I went ahead and got the upgraded bar from TT, might as well.
Old 09-13-2004, 05:18 AM

The thicker riser forces the rest further to the right. Therefore, the rest can not be set up for center shot
Old 09-13-2004, 07:29 PM
Fork Horn

Do you guys think that Ultra rest changed things recently? I purcahced mine less than 1 week ago and had it put on My patriot 04. I went out and put a EZ center laser on my Bow yesterday and got it dead center. The laser is aligned from the nock to the tip of a arrow with plenty of room for left or right adjustment. I wish I had a digital camera so I could take a photo of this. It shoots fine thus far . I haven't tried broadheads yet due to target problems.
The only thing I can think of is there's been a change rencently, I would ask the pro shop where I picked it up about it but they WILL say "I don't know what your talking about" They tried to tell me that Axis Arrows are only Bemans that have been renamed. They think they are the archery gods but really aren't that informed.
Thanks Jim
Old 09-13-2004, 08:06 PM

I think it has to do with inventory. Maybe the company I got mine from has had it in stock for awhile. This was not new to QAD, that is why they knew what to do to fix it. I sent it back so hopefully they will send me a new one soon