Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

with this recent rash of cracked bowtech limbs...

Old 09-08-2004, 07:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: with this recent rash of cracked bowtech limbs...

IMO nobody is "uninvolved"! Bowtech is definately here to stay , eventually the uninvolved will at least want to try out some new Bowtech products.

I actually love the way the pro40 dually shoots and feels and wouldn't mind making it my number 1 3d bow so naturally I will be concerned when I read about any problems.

Lets just wait and see , I'm sure these are isolated incidents and I'm leaning towards human error somewhere.
Old 09-08-2004, 07:52 PM
Super Moderator

Maybe most Martin shooters are not smart enough to find a way to post problems with Martin bows????
Thats a dumb statement. I curently shoot a Martin, but have not blasted any other bow manufacturer. Don't lump us altogether because you don't agree with one person's posts. By the way..........never had a defect with any Martins I ever owned, and I've shot a lot of brands over the years.
Old 09-08-2004, 10:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

However, I contacted Len in Maryland, "a Bowtech dealer that tells it the way it is" ( He also carries 8 other brands) and has noted that he has not seen any limb problems this year. You will have to draw your own conclussion.
Do you suppose Len knows how to properly press a bow? I'd wager he does. And so do his employees.
Old 09-08-2004, 11:07 PM

A few clarifications from my post. I said no other company need to be mentioned because this thread is about Bowtech. Ask about Mathews on a different thread.

My next point, after reading JeffB's post, and regarding working in a manufacuturing environment. I do as well, one that makes things I can guarantee you use every day, you are using one right now. They recently did go public because of a manufacturing flaw, and recalled tens of thousands of products, costing millions, not to mention crushing the stock price. So it does happen.

As for my mention of a mandatory statement of the root cause, I stand behind that. A limb failure is a HUGE safety issue. If there is a recurring issue, and one person gets hurt, what has happened? God forbid it was one of you on this board. I do not consider 3 or 4 out of 200 a small instance. In any manufacturing arena, that is a major statistic. It becomes a matter of corporate responsibiltiy. I am not saying other companies should not step up as well, but we are talking about Bowtech here. In an extreme case, what if your kid is standing by you watching you shoot your bow and it goes, hurting your child, and the problem could have been fixed. A root cause needs to be found and addressed. It may be random events, but that can still be summed up and published. What if it is a QC issue, but one that can be identified? Find it and fix it. I am sure Bowtech is doing exactly that trying to find the issue, but tell us about it.

All that being said, I am still probably going to by a Bowtech this spring. Why? Becasue I believe they make a quality product and I believe they will get to the bottom of this issue. Finding the root cause and identifying it for the consumer can only help. And it is the right thing to do.

Enjoy and be safe,
JMAC
Old 09-09-2004, 04:53 AM

Sorry. I did not mean to lump anyone together. It could have been any bow manufacture. The point is, if a majority is shooting one type of bow, you are more likely to see problems listed with that type of bow.
Old 09-09-2004, 06:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't shoot a Bowtech, not because they are not excellent bows, but because I have my own personal preference in feel and such. But, the limbs failures have me slightly concerned because who knows, I may own one next year for all I know. I surely hope that this is an isolated incident and nothing more than a couple defective limbs.

Quality control is extremely tough. My aunt bought a brand new Chevy Trailblazer that didn't pass inspection 6 months later because of bad tie rod ends. They obviously were pretty bad when they came off the line at the plant, but somehow got missed. When you are pushing out a bulk of product, its bound to happen sooner or later. Every company goes through growing pains sooner or later. Not Hoyt, not Mathews, PSE, Martin, or even Bowtech are immune to this type of thing.

Yes, it would P@#s me off that it happened right before season, but its something you can't predict. Its just the nature of the beast.