Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Time to really test Bowtech customer service...

Old 09-16-2004, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Time to really test Bowtech customer service...

I work at a very large shop. We press BowTechs, Mathews, Hoyts, etc every day. Guess what, no cracked limbs here. We have two of the Apples with the jack. The correct equipment and common sense go a long way towards doing good work, without damage.
Old 09-16-2004, 08:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Gibblet,
It doesn't even have to be a "Parallel Limb" press........they just have to use it right. A good new Apple is fine as long as you keep the force of the rollers as close to the limb tips as possible, and keep the pressure even.
The hard teflon rollers are a big help on these presses Vs the rubber ones so the limbs don't snuggle down into the rubber or slide one side or the other.

My buddy Frank and I have pressed our Liberties and Patriots countless times dinking with this or that on an apple press with plain jane rollers.......we just take our time to make sure that it's done correctly.
Old 09-17-2004, 03:25 PM
Typical Buck

Got the limbs and they've been installed as of today. I'm shooting it in the basement now and all seems well. The bow was pressed in the shop on an Apple Extreme....the one with the jack to provide lateral pressing and allow the limbs to be stressed from the tips. I've also pressed it twice now to install silencers using a Bowmaster. We shall see........

PS: Nice flag on the new limbs. I wouldn't recommend cracking your limbs on purpose to get it, but it's a nice touch!