Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

THE NEW ANSWER RELEASE?

Old 02-28-2002, 07:59 AM
Fork Horn

Default THE NEW ANSWER RELEASE?

HAS ANYONE HEARD ABOUT THE CHANGES IN THE ANSWER RELEASE THIS YEAR? I HEARD THEY DID SOME MODIFICATIONS TO IT. ALSO ANY INPUT ON IT IS WELCOMED.
Old 02-28-2002, 11:19 AM

Default RE: THE NEW ANSWER RELEASE?

I've heard a little about it. I hear that it's concept is awesome and it should remove target panic. I guess it doesn't allow you to "punch" the release trigger...it forces you to "squeeze" Don't know much else about it. MY buddy might pick one up
Old 02-28-2002, 11:31 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-28-2002, 11:15 PM

That would be handy since mine is permanently jammed in a non-functioning state.

Is this the GK release we are talking about? It is junk in my opinion. The way to solve target panic is not by providing you with a whole bunch more stuff to think of. Squeezing the trigger isn't the best solution, though I was just thinking about that today in the context of a deliberative style. But in general you want backtension. On the odd occasion where you need to cruch the trigger, if you have good release habits, you will probably get away with it.
Old 03-01-2002, 05:35 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-01-2002, 06:58 PM

Well obviously my coments only apply to my release. For me a release that packs it in after relatively light shooting, won't work and has rivets so you can't get in there is Junk. Its not heavy enough to be an anchor.

You certainly couldn't shoot mine with back tension. The trigger had a long soft travel. You would have to be a circus contortionist to get enough arm movement to fire the thing. Can you shoot it while using back tension? Sure. Can you use back tension to shoot it? No.

You don't need an "answer" to fire a release with back tension, and thereby without counscious effort, and the risk of developing target panic. If you know how to fire with back tension, there isn't a particular type of release (except broadly one with a crisp trigger, and accessible to the general parameters of the technique) that you need to buy.

This thing, and I don't say this critcaly, is the answer to the question "how do I manage not to jerk the trigger while lacking the "proper" technique?" This isn't the only release that tries to answer that question. There are several examples, one being that expensive carter release that triggers the release electronicaly , over a variable time frame. Pinky releases, thumb releases, cord to the wrist releases all have elements of this. While some of these are used with Back tension, if you read early advertising for some of them the idea was that if only you didn't use you index finger (which by this time flinched) but rather your thumb, you pinky, or relaxation of grip rather than tension, you wouldn't jerk. This is the wrong answer, and some folks end up flinching these designs also. of course thumb releases are very effectively shot with back tension, as are some of the others, but that isn't the case in my experience of the Answer.

Mine was purchased the year they first came out, I would guess in about 94-95. They may have come up with different answers since then.