Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

No-Peep and 2000RG in Same Night

Old 09-01-2004, 08:37 AM

Default No-Peep and 2000RG in Same Night

A bunch of stuff came in yesterday for my 2 week old LX. I could not wait to set it up. I tried the NAP Quiktune 2000RG first. It was mildly frustrating, and if I would have been by myself, I would still be there doing it. I wish I would have watched the DVD first, as some of my concerns were discussed there, yet not in the written instructions. On the LX, because of the length of the guard arm, the rest does not work well when you are not shooting. What I mean is, trying to simulate the action of the rest is a waste of time, as the arm binds on the cable. This does not happen whan you shoot.

Next, the No-Peep. I was ready for a tough install after reading everything here, but it turned out even harder than I expected. First, I do NOT recommend leaving your peep in-I know some do, but for me, it was an obstruction and forced me to move my head around too much. Second, that thing is so darn sensitive, just tightening the many screws when you think you are done causes a small change. I gave up last night, and started fresh this morning. In sunlight, the adjustments were much easier, and I think I have it set.

I started shooting with my old arrows. They were shooting great, but my D-loop may now be too high. If so, I am not sure if I can move it, or if raising the prongs is an option for me. I switched to my new arrows which are the same model(GT 5575), but an inch shorter, and with Blazer vanes.

They did not seem to shoot as good. I may need to move up to a 125 grain head, as these arrows with Blazers and tune a nocks have to be pretty light.

I will try to shoot through paper tonight.
Old 09-01-2004, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: No-Peep and 2000RG in Same Night

Isn't tinkering with new gadgets fun?

Keep trying, give it a week, you'll be happy as a clam in no time...

Old 09-01-2004, 08:57 AM

You want me to tell you something that will tick you off even more. If you move your knocking point you will have to re-adjust the No Peep. So if your going to do it, you better do it now before you get the no peep exactly where you want it.

I don't see how leaving the peep sight in would work when setting up the no peep, unless you are going to use the peep in conjunction with the no peep. You could use it to get your elevation set correctly I guess. However when you take the peep out you are going to have to move the No Peep over to the left or the right because you will be looking to one side or another of the string. A No Peep is basically like setting up a Red Dot sight on bow. They are both a pain in the butt, and any time you change anything it may effect it.

Also when setting up the No Peep you have to have a very consistant grip or it will be a night mare trying to get it right. I think it's worth it in the end though. The only thing I don't like about it is I like to change equipment and set ups alot. This makes it very hard to do know. I can't just swap sights really quick and go shoot. Since the no peep attaches under the sight it will move when I take my sights off. Oh well, maybe it will force me to quit tinkering with my bow so much.

Paul
Old 09-01-2004, 09:07 AM

For me, it certainly will be a deterent. I hate the thought of going through that again, but maybe I could get the wife to turn those adjustments for me. I think I may have to start over anyway, as I am thinking I set it too low on the bracket. I wanted it to go on the far side of the bow, but my Toxonics site would not allow it. When I moved to my side, I put it as low as possible, so it would not obstruct my 40 yard pin. Well, it would not have if I would have used a higher position, but I did not realize it at the time. Maybe it gets easier the more you do it.
Old 09-01-2004, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Doesn't the "new" generation of NPs have micro adjust or something? If not, BlackFrog needs to get hopping with his machined micro adjust brackets... Where is Todd these days?

I have a 1st generation, did the set up alone, HUGE PITA... It's off since I put the shorter module on, and I'm hoping to hades the new release I have coming will let me go back to the longer mod so I won't have to change it. As a very cheap bast, er, frugal person, this speaks volumes to how much of a PITA initial set up of a NP is... That said, I won't ever have a hunting bow without one until something better comes along.
Old 09-01-2004, 09:21 AM

ORIGINAL: Rangeball

Doesn't the "new" generation of NPs have micro adjust or something? If not, BlackFrog needs to get hopping with his machined micro adjust brackets... Where is Todd these days?

I have a 1st generation, did the set up alone, HUGE PITA... It's off since I put the shorter module on, and I'm hoping to hades the new release I have coming will let me go back to the longer mod so I won't have to change it. As a very cheap bast, er, frugal person, this speaks volumes to how much of a PITA initial set up of a NP is... That said, I won't ever have a hunting bow without one until something better comes along.

I am not sure what generation I have. There are set screws in the unit for left right and up. Oh, one more thing. Last night, I was doing the setup in the Kitchen under a flourescent light. One of the strands of my string is white. Do not try that. The string was glowing so much, I was convinced the No-Peep was a POS. Totally different outdoors, where I do not even notice the string-well, not much anyway.
Old 09-01-2004, 10:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mine just has 2 set screws as well. I thought I remembered they introduced a new easier to adjust model. Apparently not...

How do you like the NAP drop-away? Are you having any clearance issues with the blazers? What's your general impression of the blazers, or is it too soon to tell?

For some reason, I've really got a hankering to try the new aerofoils when they're available. Not quite sure why, since I'm having no trouble with my 4" feathers, but for some reason they keep nagging at me to give them a go... Hopefully it will pass.
Old 09-01-2004, 10:17 AM

Too soon to tell, but I was shooting so well with my old arrows and non-drop quiktune, that I doubt I would be blown away no matter what. The rest seems to be working fine. The Blazers are, well, ugly. Eders chose red and yellow for me, and I am not thrilled about those colors. Also, I ordered helical, but the vanes are so short it is hard to tell if they really are fletched that way. They look more like a slight offset to me. I will do some tuning tonight, and if it goes quickly, I will shoot some broadheads to see how they do compared to my old arrows and rest.
Old 09-01-2004, 10:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

They don't let you specify fletch color? No thank you...

It'll be interesting to see what results you come up with. I'm betting you'll be good to go in no time. As good as you were shooting before the changes, I agree you probably won't notice much difference, but that's a good thing, right?

Just learn your lesson and quit shooting at the same spot
Old 09-01-2004, 10:43 AM

ORIGINAL: Rangeball

Just learn your lesson and quit shooting at the same spot
Ruined another tuna-a-nock this morning. I will have to buy another dozen today. As short as my loop is, I cannot use the stock Gold Tip nocks.

Quick Reply: No-Peep and 2000RG in Same Night

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.