Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

No-Peep and 2000RG in Same Night

Old 09-01-2004, 10:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: No-Peep and 2000RG in Same Night

Makes one wonder... What would happen if one were to simply apply all that time and energy toward practicing with a standard rest and peep sight, not to mention investing all that money into higher grade arrows?
Old 09-01-2004, 10:56 AM

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

Makes one wonder... What would happen if one were to simply apply all that time and energy toward practicing with a standard rest and peep sight, not to mention investing all that money into higher grade arrows?
The person would become so good at shooting that they would become bored and quit practicing.

Are Gold Tip XT's really that bad in your opinion? I have always shot well with them, and one mag did a test a couple of years back out of a tuned bow in a shooting machine, and the GT's grouped as well as any of the other carbons.
Old 09-01-2004, 11:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

XT's are a darn sight better than standard Hunters, for sure. However, they ain't ACC's by a long shot.

Always beware of what results they come up with in magazine 'tests'. He who spends the most money in advertising at that magazine generally has products that produce outstanding results in 'tests'. He who does NOT advertise in said magazine, his products do not do so well. So, have yourself a bucket of salt nearby when you read those test articles. If an advertisement for the top product just happens to appear on a page within such an article, then you need to order in another bucket.

Mostly, I was just jerkin' yer chain. [8D] Enjoy your new toys.
Old 09-01-2004, 10:55 PM

Funny you mention the no peep...

Just got mine today, spent 2 hours at the range, and finally gave up...

Heres the problem.... I have a hoyt ViperTec, so things are kinda goofy with the riser... I finally got it on top of the pins.. Great.. Got it set pretty good, and took out the peep.

Well, I can focus great aiming at a dark object, but as soon as I sight toward something like target paper, my eyes go goofy... I cannot stand the seeing the string in my shot . It was really hard to get used to... I started thinking... Oh yeah, I am left eye dominant shooting right handed... My eyes like to fight each other...

Anyone wanna buy a NP? I'll let it go for 30 shipped...

-Jared
Old 09-02-2004, 06:39 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-02-2004, 07:42 AM

Thanks Scout. That makes a lot of sense. I hope some of the bad arrows I had yesterday were just me, as I am only slightly pleased so far. I am still having to mess with my sight, as I never got the pins back to where they were. New arrows may also be a problem. I found out that the new ones with 125 grain points weigh about the same as my old ones with 100's. The 125's shot better and the bow seemed quieter too. I may be shopping for new heads soon.
Old 09-02-2004, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I may be shopping for new heads soon.
You know you want these-

http://www.thebowman.com/mall/cat_bh_Rocket.asp

Old 09-02-2004, 08:32 AM

They are in the lead for sure. As a matter of fact, after looking through the Keystone and Cabelas cataloges last night, I am not even sure there is a close second, unless I get the urge to go back to a fixed head. Then my head would really spin. I do have some Thunderhead 125's someone gave me, but I swore a while back I would never shoot another head that did not stay together on their own.
Old 09-02-2004, 08:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Unless I'm mistaken, the only spec difference between these and the titanium meteorites I'm shooting is these are 125, mine are 100, and the blades on these are .036 thick while mine are .05...

Well, another difference is these blades are probably mediocre sharp at best and mine are now ready for surgery...