Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

wrong nock point??????

Old 08-30-2004, 03:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default wrong nock point??????

just had my loop replaced and the pro says my nock point is "way" off. (he set the arrow in and I could see that it was angled down some).

I had just strated shooting well, but after some of the other things I needed to correct from the original pro-shop "tuning" I wouldn't doubt anything. So the Gander Mt. pro changes it.

I then get thinking to myself later, "if he moved the nock is my center shot off??? ..... should he/i have moved the rest to adjust???

bit confused????

i will hopefully shoot tonite to see what happens and hopefully it is all good (?)
Old 08-30-2004, 03:46 PM

Default RE: wrong nock point??????

I had a bow into the local Gander Mtn a few weeks ago - never again. By the time the guy was finished it was shooting worse than when he started.
Old 08-30-2004, 04:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nock point adjust vertical impact.

Center shot adjusts horizontal impact.

Depending on whether or not the guy knew what he was doing, you could be fine...

Old 08-30-2004, 04:13 PM
Typical Buck

Everything I ever read said it should be high. My local shop set me up about square & I went crazy trying to tune. Finally after much advice from this board I just moved it up a bunch. Looks funny at rest but t shoots much better. I ended up around 5/16" high but alot of people said start at 3/8". When was close to square my arrow was pushing the rest way down & then the rest was flipping up my nock end giving me a nock high tear in paper. Shot good like that with field points but broadheads were several inches lower. Now they hit the same. Seems all bows are different, but again all the advice I got was to be nock high to some extent.
Old 08-30-2004, 04:29 PM

I'm not sure i understand all you info but I would just start around 3/8 high and go back to paper tuning until you get it right. What kind of rest are you using btw? I also would download eastons tuning guide if you havent already. Its a great tool to tune with. It's at www.eastonarchery.com

Hope this helps.

P.S. maybe you could post some specs about your equipment too?
Old 08-30-2004, 06:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am using the new Whisker Biscuit Deluxe (quick shot).

I shot tonight and all was well. Everything was right on and grouping well. I don't know, but it seems to be working (seemed to work before?)?? I will have my buddy watch me and the arrow flight to see if everything is flying ok.

Thanks for the info.
Old 08-30-2004, 11:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ghanging your nocking point will not change youre center alignment but what I would like to know is, do you have a single cam bow or a dual cam bow and did he shoot an arrow thru paper to determine whether the nocking point was too high or dwa that his opinion?

Most single cam bows need the nocking point set at least 1/8 or more high usually more than 1/8" and more like 3/16"

If it is a dual cam bow most paper tune better if it is 1/8" high.

just because he works in the archery department dont make him a pro.
Old 08-31-2004, 05:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

shooting a PSE Dakota with 2 synergy cams

again, things "seem" ok - I may try and get back to Gander Mt. and do a paper tune there