Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Infinity cam timing questions

Old 08-29-2004, 04:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Infinity cam timing questions

Any of you BowTech tuning gurus able to answer a question for me? Based on this picture am I measuring the gap properly for checking the timing? http://users.adelphia.net/~jeramyk/P8290014.JPG

My 03' Patriot calls for a .215 gap and based on my rough measurement it looks like I'm off. Any suggestions on a better measuring device for a more accurate reading? Also, I can see the sharpie timing lines on the cam, how should that timing mark be lined up with the limbs?

Thanks for helping a timing newbie.
Old 08-29-2004, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Infinity cam timing questions

Good question. I am also confused about where to measure the bolt from. Is it the near edge, outside edge, middle???
Luckily for me all of my bowtechs have had the marker lines and I haven't had to know where to time from. But I helped a buddy tune his 03 Extreme yesterday and he had no marks. So where do we measure from??

As far as the timimg marks go. Perfectly centered with equal amount of limb exposed before the mark on each side of the limb while looking at it from the side would be ideal. (put the limb in the middle of the marks).
Old 08-29-2004, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DaveC

As far as the timimg marks go. Perfectly centered with equal amount of limb exposed before the mark on each side of the limb while looking at it from the side would be ideal. (put the limb in the middle of the marks).
Thanks Dave! If you look at my picture you can clearly see the mark on my cam. If that's supposed to be lined up with the limb I'm definately in need of a timing adjustment!
Old 08-29-2004, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, not so fast. It all depends on how it looks on the other side of that same limb. If the other line is the same distance from the other side view of the limb or very close, then your OK.
Does that make any sense?
Old 08-29-2004, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks again, Dave. I didn't see that there were 2 timing marks on that side of the cam. The lower mark is right on the edge of the limb. From the looks of things a very slight adjustment would be necessary to center the limb but I'm not sure if it would even be worth tinkering with.
Old 08-29-2004, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Only if you had your own press and time on your hands. It sounds to me you are good to go. Nothing to sweat.