Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Ultra Rest

Old 08-28-2004, 04:47 AM

Default Ultra Rest

Does anyone have an opinion on the Ultra Rest made by QAD? Has anyone put it on a Mathews LX and if so what comments do you have about it?
Old 08-28-2004, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ultra Rest

I love my ultra rest! My proshop can't keep them on there shelves. It basically has all the qualities of a wisker bisket and all the qualities of a drop away. The ripcord which is similar is supposed to be good as well but it will fall down when letting down the bow and the ultra rest will not. I think it is an awesome rest and if you have any questions you can email them and they will usually give you a very detailed response.
Old 08-28-2004, 07:39 PM
Typical Buck

Love mine wouldn't trade it for anything,It sits on my mathews Outback so It should be great on your LX
Old 08-28-2004, 07:51 PM
Super Moderator

So far I am pleased with mine, its on a Martin. I emailed QAD with a couple of questions and got answers within 2 days.

My opinion is to shelve the small cable clamp and get the cord served to your down buss cable though.
Old 08-29-2004, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Loved mine..unfortunately I sold it along with my X-Tec. Unless something better comes along for 2005, I'll be getting another.
Old 08-29-2004, 03:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I initially had contact issues with one of my bows. The company did return my e-mail quickly, and offered suggestions. Other suggestions by Jeff B. were also very helpful. I put the Ultra on my Darton Tundra, and it is working very well, no contact, shooting well, and quieter than the rest I took off to try the Ultra. Full containment and no perceptable noise on draw or release. It's hard to beat that.
Old 08-30-2004, 11:39 AM

I was also looking at this rest but I dont think my arrows will be long enough with the Ultra. I use a Trohpy Taker with the long bar and the Ultra looks like its right up against the bow. I like my trophy taker but it seems loud and I really like the idea of the rest being up before draw. I may just try one.
Old 08-30-2004, 01:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Parker my rest is set so it is the closest it can be to the riser and it still nocked off two inches off my original arrow length.
Old 08-31-2004, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JOE PA

I initially had contact issues with one of my bows. The company did return my e-mail quickly, and offered suggestions. Other suggestions by Jeff B. were also very helpful. I put the Ultra on my Darton Tundra, and it is working very well, no contact, shooting well, and quieter than the rest I took off to try the Ultra. Full containment and no perceptable noise on draw or release. It's hard to beat that.

I think what we had here was a little "operator error", if ya know what I mean, Vern