Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Myriad of issues with my new Hoyt.

Old 08-27-2004, 08:35 PM
Typical Buck

Default Myriad of issues with my new Hoyt.

Although nothing is directly wrong with the bow itself, I have been struggling with a few problems.
I bought one of the cam and a half designs (magnatec), and love it. By itself, the bow shoots quiet enough to pass my requirements. However, I transferred over a tru-glo 3 pin sight, and arrow rest (NAP).

Also I put on a quiver. The quiver has the quick release that screws into the sight. Problem is, I cant tighten the screw down without pushing the sight out when the screw contacts the bow itself. If I don't tighten it down, the screws back out, and the quick release part of the quiver becomes clearly loose. I tried adjusting the sight pins, but I just don't have the range I need to be able to group and shoot consistently. I was looking into a pendulum sight anyways, so I might have to bite the bullet. Anyone have good suggestions? I was looking into the Savage sight, but have heard mixed things from people on pretty much every choice out there, confusing me even more[&:].

Next, for some odd reason, I seem to be experiencing alot of arrows twisting off the rest. I did not have this problem with the prior bow. I had someone else take this (rest) and put it on their bow, with no issues. Then returned it to the Hoyt and the issue reoccurs. I will buy another rest if need be, but with the problems, I want to see if other Hoyt owners have successfully used a particular rest with the magnatec.

Help this poor guy out, and throw me a bone
Old 08-28-2004, 08:27 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Myriad of issues with my new Hoyt.

Take it to a good pro shop and let them check things out for you.
Old 08-28-2004, 04:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Or get the savage sight,I love mine but it does rattle a little.
Old 08-28-2004, 10:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

It sounds like the quiver mounting screws are too long. They're going through the sight, and contacting the riser, flexing the sight mount. Try some shorter screws. Are you aying your arrow flight is erratic? Which NAP rest is it?
Old 08-29-2004, 01:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you go with a savage, spend up for the metal frame, it rattles the least.
And if your feeling extra spendy get the tritium pin, glowing 24-7 is as good as it gets.
Old 08-29-2004, 09:22 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: pdq 5oh

It sounds like the quiver mounting screws are too long. They're going through the sight, and contacting the riser, flexing the sight mount. Try some shorter screws. Are you aying your arrow flight is erratic? Which NAP rest is it?
I can get consistent grouping without the arrow rest on. However like you said, the screws are tweaking the sight out as they are tightened down.