Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

StrongBuilt Climber

Old 08-27-2004, 07:49 PM
Fork Horn

Default StrongBuilt Climber

I've put the stand together. Followed the diretions to the tee. Until there were no directions. The set-up picture shows cam buckle straps securing this stand to the tree. But yet, I've seeen no mention of using these straps in the directions.

My question is do I need the straps for a day hunt, ready to move relocate stand day of hunting? Are these straps for overnight/all season hunting? Climbing sticks with locks for the stand are optimal, but not in the budget this year.

Do I climb with the foot stand conected by rope. That's all I need? Do I need to secure with straps and unsecure when I need to move?

BTW, I have a full body safety harness...so no need to comment on safety as far as belts. I wouldn't climb a step without them.

-David
Old 08-29-2004, 01:30 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: StrongBuilt Climber

As a fellow member of the big ten, safety comes first, try it out first, if you need them you need them.
Old 08-29-2004, 10:13 PM

Default RE: StrongBuilt Climber

It depends on which model and how it is with you on it. I only use the rope to connect the foot stand with the Comanchee. But it is very stable with out the straps. I checked the other two cheaper models and they just where not to stable with out the straps. But using straps is easier than getting to the hospital.

Jeff