Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

235 fps, respectable speed from Justice?

Old 08-27-2004, 11:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 235 fps, respectable speed from Justice?

Matt, i was looking for an anchor but i couldnt find one in a matching camo pattern
I have one you can have just pay the $900 shipping

All jokes aside what Matt and the others have said will gain you the extra speed you are looking for.

I would also ditch the peep and go with the no peep for a few extra fps.

Also take Matt up on his offer. He is a big clumsy clod but does know how to get the best out of bows.

Dorf on Archery signing out

Had to put that in cause Matt would have anyway
Old 08-28-2004, 05:02 PM

well i made a few changes. I went to the range Friday for some practice, midway through i took the peep tube off, my POI raised approx 2" so that must have been a pretty decent speed increase.

today i took off the kisser and switched from a tru-nock to a tru-speed loop, basically the same setup but with a rope loop rather than metal loop.

So now my string is down to the hush kit, peep and speed loop. I hope to get back to shoot the same techno hunt again next weekend. so while the speed my not be 100 accurate it will give me an idea of how much i picked up relative to what i was shooting.

thanks to everyone for thier help and input
Old 08-28-2004, 08:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Joe don't forget some of those tube peeps alone are quite a bit heavier than a small "Tru-Peep" style peep sight (some are monstrosities[:'(]).........not all the weight and drag is in that tube.
Keep us posted.......

Just give in and let someone who knows how, tie in a regular string loop.......you know ya want it. In fact I would trust a properly tied in string loop to stay put better than something that you screw onto the serving.
Old 08-29-2004, 09:38 AM

the speed loop is regular rope

http://www.truball.com/Pages/3nocks.html

i had the first item, tru nock, yesterday switched to the 3rd item down, the speed loop.
Old 08-29-2004, 09:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Joe........ahhh I see I thought that product threaded the rope THROUGH the speed nock thingy.
But still.......why do you still feel the need to have that thing in the middle?
It's only finction is robbing speed. Seriously.
I could see something like that on a crappy twisting bowstring, but on a balanced string like BowTech's custom TS1 stuff it's 100% not necessary.

Just have the shop position your peep within the string correctly that it comes straight back.......might take a 1/2 twist either way on the string to get it to line up just right, then line up and tie the loop straight back and have at it.

But if you are confident in that puppy, don't listen to me and enjoy the new bow!

But definitely trade in the big doofy tube peep on something less bulky.
Old 08-29-2004, 10:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot video hunts at 2 differant places in my area. I'll bet the chrono part is wrong! At one shop the chrono part is 25 f.p.s. off.....slow. The other one I shoot at is off by about 13 f.p.s. I asked the owners about this and they agreed, they both no they're off. Id shoot it through a real chrono and see.

Good Luck!
Old 08-30-2004, 11:20 AM

Sounds about right. I wound have guessed around 245 or so.
Old 08-30-2004, 11:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: walks with a gimp
486 grain arrow= 247
Is this true? I am shooting my old PSE round wheel dual cam bow at 30" draw, 65# draw weight. Arrows are Easton XX75's #2315 and are 30.5" long. Field tips/Broadheads are 125gr. If I recall that bowjackson website and calculation table, my setup came out to be 487 grains.

I never shot through a cronograph, but am always curious just how fast are the old workhorse style round wheel, dual cam, bows.

Butch A.
Old 08-30-2004, 11:52 AM

ButchA, the 486 grain arrow is a 2314 XX78 with a 100 grain field tip. I also shoot 2315's through my '03 Patriot Dually and they weigh 540 grains with a 115 grain Muzzy 4 blade. I weigh all my arrow shafts and components on a Hornady balance beam powder scale.
Old 08-30-2004, 09:31 PM

I own a Justice. I shot mine through a Chrono. I'm shooting Beman ICS hunters 400's. My bow is set at 28" draw, 63 pounds. I use a peep(with no tubing) and I have a kisser button on the string. I shot consistent 240 through the chrono. The bow is rated at 304 with a 30 inch draw and at 70 pounds. Your results sound close to what they should be. I got this bow because it is ultra smooth and very forgiving. I could of bought an Extreme VFT or Samson, but I'm not a speed freak. This bow though, is in my opinion one of the best shooting bows I have shot. Good luck with it, I absolutely love mine!

Quick Reply: 235 fps, respectable speed from Justice?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.