Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

draw length

Old 08-22-2004, 12:25 PM

Default draw length

Just woundering if there is someone out there who can tell me how I can shorten my draw length on my martin bow. I been told that cams can be put in but they cost. I just need to shorten it by an inch. Reason being that I added a release loop for this year's season. I hope someone can help me, thanks.
Old 08-22-2004, 02:06 PM

Default RE: draw length

Well, shorten you draw length by one inch. One inch can seem like a mile without changing either the cam modules or the cams themselves. You can try to shorten your draw by.... 1: remove some twist out of your bowstring, which doesn't shorten the draw very much at all, maybe 1/8" per 10 twist. 2: If you have fastflight cables, you can add twist, but making sure you are twisting both the same amount, afterwards you MUST check your timing. 3: Buy a bow string that is about 1/2" shorter, but this will effect the letoff, but you can always add twist to the shorter bowstring. Either way, getting new modules or cams is usually the best way! GOOD SHOOTING!!!
Old 08-23-2004, 03:23 AM

Default RE: draw length

Check out this

http://www.huntersfriend.com/drawlength.htm

Jeff