Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Toxonics Sniper

Old 08-22-2004, 04:38 AM
Typical Buck

Default Toxonics Sniper

Has any of you guys used this sight? Like the idea of the pendulum pin plus 3 ground pins.
Old 08-22-2004, 08:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Toxonics Sniper

There are some peolpe who use it and like it.
If you get one order from a larger catalog or a local dealer that will allow you to return it if it doesn't work for you.

Why would I write that?
Because for my setup the vertical gang adjustment lacked about .25" of travel.
The 20 pin is where it is and you gang adjust the whole sight keeping the 20 in the middle. With the bow I had and my anchor point I needed another 1/4" of travel it didn't have. I switched to a savage pendulum and had plenty of room to adjust it to my liking.

It might very well work for you and if so I felt the construction and quietness were up to par. The plastic pin guard was kinda cheesy though. I like sturdy, trusty aluminum myself.
Old 08-22-2004, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Toxonics Sniper

I bought one when they were came out about 2 years ago. It was honestly the worst sight I ever owned. The pendulum did not swing freely at first. I contacted them and they sent me another piece and it didn't work either. They instructed me to bend it a little to get it freed up. Yep, it freed it up alright, but it vibrated like crazy.

I highly recommend looking elsewhere on that one.