Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Ready to jump off the roof!!! Liberty string noise

Old 08-20-2004, 05:22 PM

Default Ready to jump off the roof!!! Liberty string noise

Anybody have any bright ideas???

After numerous tweakings, adjustments, and so forth, I am still getting a fairly loud "slap" or "twang" with maybe some buzzing too on my liberty. I thought some of the noise was the rest, but I switched rests and there was no difference. Then I replaced the stock string silencers with cat whiskers... no difference. Then I switched to string leeches - again no difference. I checked every screw on every accessory and on the module/cam, the cable guard screw, and even tried other cable slides. Tried sims cable guard silencers, and even tried shooting with my doinker and stabilizer enhancer on and off. Still no difference - every screw is tight. What the *&%# is the deal here?? I am shooting with a kisser and peep, and both are tight and not flopping/rattling around. What gives?

Ready to go jump in a lake
Bill
Old 08-20-2004, 05:39 PM

Default RE: Ready to jump off the roof!!! Liberty string noise

When that happens to me I start taking things off and shoot until it goes away. First thing off is the sight, shoot without it and go from there. once all the accessorys are off and the noise is still there then I go into limb pockest and axels and spacers ect ect.
Old 08-20-2004, 07:54 PM

Why don't you take it back to your Dealer? If one of my customers was having problems, I'd hope that they would bring it back to me rather than take it to an audience that can't visually/physically exam the problem.
Old 08-20-2004, 08:42 PM

Are you hearing the noise while shooting it ??? let of your buddies shoot it and you stand 15 - 20 yards down range ( behine something ) don't watch him shoot , just sit there and wait for the arrow to come by and then see if you hear anything .
Old 08-20-2004, 09:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Without standing there with you, it's pretty much impossible to diagnose a noise, but you didn't mention the limb pockets.......did you remember to check to see if the locking screws on top and bottom are tight?

Strip it down bare bow, slide the Vibrablocks to the limb taper where they belong, start over.
Try just plucking the string to find a noise, try shooting with just a very basic rest to eliminate accessories altogether.
Check your E-clips.
Old 08-20-2004, 09:44 PM
Typical Buck

Sounds like you have a loose screw somewhere.

Things to check...

draw mod scews
cable guard screws
limb pocket screws
sight screws
rest screws
ect...
Old 08-21-2004, 12:02 AM

Something you might try and a good thing to do anyway. Put your bow in a bow press to relax the tension on the string and separate the strands slightly and rub in a generous helping of string wax. Do this to the cables also!!!
Old 08-21-2004, 12:04 AM

I forgot to ask, are you shooting with a loop? When I had one on two of my bows, I thought it made more string noise.
Old 08-21-2004, 12:52 AM

Michiganiac:

Just to cover some more bases:

1. What is the draw-weight range of your bow and what draw-weight do you have the bow set at?
2. Have you had string/cables replaced lately?
3. What is the total grain weight of your shafts?
4. How are your groups when shooting?
Old 08-21-2004, 05:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think C903 may be onto something.
I know with my patriot I can hear (my wife confirmed this w/out me giving a leading question) the difference between a 420 grain and 426 grain arrow. Granted the 426 is a tad longer all else is equal. The bow just shoots it quieter. When I step down to a 395 grain arrow it is louder, but not that much, just somewhat louder.

If your shooting anywhere near IBO, try adding some weight (heavier tip is easiest, vanes over feathers is next) or just grab a heavier arrow and see what it does.

Aside from that- what everone else said.

Quick Reply: Ready to jump off the roof!!! Liberty string noise

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.