Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Goldtip hunter pros

Old 08-19-2004, 04:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Goldtip hunter pros

Who has these? I haven't heard to much about them this year.

Interested to get a couple reviews of them.

I was going to use some Easton Lightspeeds for hunting this year but they are so light, and I am a litttle skeptical on their durability.

I want something to finish off at around 400 grains with my 100 grain heads.

The GT pros seems to fit the bill. I have used the XT hunters for years to hunt with and was always pleased.

Feedback Please
Old 08-20-2004, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Goldtip hunter pros

I have them at 28" with feathers and 100 gr head. They weigh in at about 369. They fly great for me and I will probably be using them for this season. I still have some axis I am thinking about but I need to shoot them with the broadheads this weekend. Then I can make a decision for the season.
Old 08-20-2004, 09:13 AM

I shoot these arrows also. I shoot a Hoyt bow with Gold Tip 5575's and 100 grn snyper broadheads. These arrows seem very durable and seem to fly great in my setup. I am pulling 68 lbs.
Old 08-21-2004, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

The shop is supposed to get mine in next week. I can let you know how they do, but I doubt I'll be "shafting" any arrows like you did recently.
Old 08-21-2004, 01:52 PM

I ordered two dz. GT Hunter Pros and 7-8 out of the two dz had small splinters on the nock end and 3 of the 8 were cracked. Got them replaced with two more dz and they were all ok. As far as weight goes when I first got them they all weighed the same. When I went to cut them I noticed they weren't the same length some might be a 1/16- 1/4 inch longer. Had to square up the nock end nocks wobbled really bad. Once I cut them to size there was 2-3 grns difference. I don't think this is to bad but are advertised at 0.05 grn per dz. They are straight though. I fletched a couple up with Blazer vane and three blade 125 Montecs. They fly great just expected alittle better quality out of a high$ arrow. Took alot of extra work just to get them right. Check em before you fletch em. I was also told by the pro shop the hunter pros are the old 3d pros. Hope eveybody has a safe and fun hunting season. sjb3