Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Looks like I'm going to......

Old 02-26-2002, 05:54 PM

Default Looks like I'm going to......

Find out how Hoyt's warranty is.

I got my Cybertec about 2 weeks ago now, and I went out to shoot a bit today.

I went about my normal routine, and as I shot my second arrow, part of my bow came off. At first, I thought maybe it was an accesory, but upon inspection, I found that part of the arrow shelf had came off. i mean, it just came apart.

I called my shop, and went up shortly after. He was flabbergasted. Didn't really know what to say. He called Hoyt while I was there, and they are going to replace my riser. They also want the damaged riser back, so they can inspect it.

It looks to me like the block of aluminum had a air bubble in it from the orginal casting of the block.

Only Hoyt
Old 02-26-2002, 08:04 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Looks like I'm going to......

Sheesh! Good thing it was on the shelf and not in the middle of the grip! Keep us posted on what you find out.

Winger
Old 02-27-2002, 05:58 AM

Default RE: Looks like I'm going to......

That would make me extremely nervious when I went to shoot it again. Are they sending safety glasses as well. Good luck.