Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

TurboNock noise

Old 08-17-2004, 06:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: TurboNock noise

Nick, I noticed you said that it does not fit the easton axis arrows. Last year at Harrisburg I specifically asked if it would fit axis and a woman working the stand said "sure, you want these" so believing her I bought them and now of course I realize she was wrong. How do I get ones that fit. I also have beman ICS 400's. Is there a way to get some that will fit them instead because I have nowhere to return them.
If Nick isn't here to just pimp his product - then why hasn't he answered this???

of his 23 posts, only 1 was not about how great his product is. He is using this forum as an interactive advertising campaign. If that were not the case then we would not read how wonderful this product is in every post - we'd have the voice of 51 years of bowhunting experience sharing discussions - thats not what I'm reading here.

Maybe we should have a turbonock forum and Nick can be the mod.
Old 08-17-2004, 07:01 AM

thanks, dylan!

Old 08-17-2004, 09:02 AM

HAZCON

You seem to look for the negative in things.
THIS IS WHY I HAVE NOT RESPONDED IN THE PAST FEW DAYS !!!!
I have been at a hunting show in Richmond Va.
I am back now and will go through the questions and do some catch up.

1. I can be reached toll free at 1 866 814 4722 when we are home the office phone also works in the house. when we are at shows the answering machine works and I respond to all messages.
2. If you have the wrong size product you can exchange it by sending it back to us at TURBO NOCK, INC 165 S 4th St. Hughesville, Pa.
The TURBO deadx and Hunter fit most carbon shafts,and easton unibushings.
The HTX fits the ACC and redlines and any shaft with the little g-nock
TUURBOS wll not fit the AXIS , I had one person tell me that they put a g-nock bushing in an axis and used the HTX. ( I do not know which g-nock bushing will do this, but will research this info)

I will now go see what else has to be addressed

I will be leaving on THURSDAY to go to the Montgomery BUCKMASTERS
show in Alabama. So I will not be responding to any messages from thursday until next tuesday. I hope this is ok with HAZCON???
Old 08-17-2004, 09:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nick, I contribute to this website - I read everybody's posts - some I choose to comment on some I don't. I ask questions and give my opinion when asked.

I can also see an advertisement for what it is - you have yet to contribute to any discussion not relating to how great the turbo nock is - if you don't like me calling you on that then too bad.

For the sake of peace, I will not comment any more about turbo nocks or NickSnook - but fellow forum members don't say I didn't try to warn you when this place is overran with product pushers.
Old 08-17-2004, 09:42 AM

Hazcon

Again , I have only started posting on this site a few days ago. I did not come here to push my product, but to defend it!
I do not want to be your enemy, but you seem to be overly aggitated by my posting here. YOU called me down for not answering recent questions, and made a big thing of it. When I gave you an honest reply and the simple facts why ( I was out of town) You seem to take thing to heart. I was not trying to put you down, just being emphatic.
Life is to short to be fighting about things.

In response to your stating I have only posted about turbonocks , I did make one post about meeting an old friend on this site. who is now a moderator.
I will certainly make other contributions to this site as I see fit,
I have been shooting since age 3 and have 53 years of shooting , not 51.
I could write a book on the good ole days of archery, but have to budget my time to when I am not on the road.
I also have tons of old time 50s and 60s 70s archery photo that I will post from time to time.

I won my first tournament at age 5 with arrows that I made and a 25 lb Ben Pearson bow. I was an archery merit badge counselor at Camp Hidden Valley ,in Ikesburg Pa when I was in the Boy Scouts .
I am as far as I know the only kid (age 11) to ever out shoot howard hill in a shoot off. ( I will post this story sometime soon)
When I made the first experimental TURBO and it worked I almost just put it up on a shelf in my art studio. ( I have a masters degree in sculpture) but decied that this would perhaps be of benefit to the archery community and decided to take the idea as far as it would go.
Yes I am a business man and I hope to make a living doing what I enjoy.
If I can benifit the sport I grew to love as a child , and make a living , and have fun , I see nothing wrong with that.

I hope we are not emenies?
Old 08-17-2004, 10:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hope we are not emenies?
Definately not.
Old 08-17-2004, 03:36 PM

Did all this start because I said I thought Turbo Nocks are noisy. Nick good luck with your product. I dont know if the noise is caused by the high rpm speed but thats what it sounds like, and is it possible to decrease the amount of twist in the nock therby decreasing the rpm's while remaining effective at stabilizing an arrow and reducing the noise ?
BD
Old 08-17-2004, 03:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Did all this start because I said I thought Turbo Nocks are noisy.
No it didn't. Sorry to bring that in to your discussion. Won't happen again.
Old 08-17-2004, 11:25 PM

ORIGINAL: sho-me_bhntr

thanks, dylan!

Actually the nock is the T4.. I was mistaken in the name.
Old 08-18-2004, 05:07 PM

Here is some simple math that may help make sense about the noise issue with the TURBO NOCK or any fletched arrwow!!
The SPEED OF SOUND IS 1129 fps at sea level
I rounded this off to 1000 feet per second at sea level to make the calculations easier!!
at this speed a noise made by a bow being shot takes 1/16 of a sec. to travel 20 yds
2/16 or 1/8 of a sec to travel 40 yds.
An arrow flying at 250 fps takes 4/16 or 1/8 second to travel 20yds
8/16 or 1/2 second to travel 40 yds.
An animal has approximately 3/16 of a second at 20 yds and 6/16 or 3/8 of a second at 40 yds to hear the sound, decide if it is danger and then jump out of the way!!!!!!!!
From all the video and kill reports over the past two years this is virtuallly impossible for a big game animal to do. Whether it is a fletched arrow or a TURBO NOCK.
Also by the time the sound of the shot has traveled 40yds its volume has diminished by over 90% which means it is more difficult for the animal to hear.

Bottom line all the noise quieting stuff you put on your 250fps or faster bow is doing nothing!
The most important part of the shot is to be sure you make no noise when you draw the bow back!!!!!!
( I WOULD NOT GO AND TAKE ALL THAT STUFF OFF, BUT IF IT IS AFFECTING THE SPEED OF YOUR BOW I WOULD POSSIBLLY CONSIDER IT!) SPEED IS WAY MORE IMPORTANT THAN SOUND.
Another advantage of the TURBO is that because it is smaller , less vane area results in less wind resistance the TURBO is faster leaving the bow.
We went from 290 fps to 297 from my Merlin at 60lbs.. High Country did a chrono test with a 70lb ssr and went from 330 fps with a conventional fletch to 342 with a turbo nock !!!!
The faster the arrow the less time the animal has to react.

I am attaching a photo from a video of the first deer taken with the TURBO . It was a HUNTER
Shot by Jamey Creek in Texas. You can see the orange speck as it entered the deer. Notice the deer's head is down (feeding) and she is already hit!!! She looked at the arrow on the ground after the shot and walked about 20yds and died, the other deer kept feeding.

Quick Reply: TurboNock noise

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.