Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

TurboNock noise

Old 08-12-2004, 05:48 PM

Default RE: TurboNock noise

This is a 400 lb bear shot by a good friend of mine Buster Greenway.
Buster shoots for Matthews and has been a feather shooter for over 30years, He would not even use any type of plastic vanes.
He had the Misfortune of setting up beside me with his business at Harrisburg two years ago. He is now a TEAM TURBO SHOOTER.
This bear was shot a little high in the back,but luckily cut the femoral artery. It bled out within sight of the treestand. It did not make any move until it was hit.
Old 08-12-2004, 05:59 PM

I am new to this site , I did not know about it ,and was made aware of it only a few days ago and posted here in response to some discussions on the forum.
All the questions now being asked here I have answered many times over
on various other sites for two years now.
I know This TURBO idea is kind of hard to swallow the first time you are exposed to it. Most folks response is There must be something wrong with it or some reason or flaw that will make me decide not to use it, or it must be a hoax. Its to heavy, its too noisy, I will never give up my old prong rest, It does not fit the easton AXIS, I enjoy fletching, and fletching,and fletching and fletching.

Bottom line There is nothing out there to compare with it!!
I am going to attach one more photo of a 100yd group shot by one of our college shooters. This group was not shot with little skinny fita arrows, but big fat 2512 easton cobalts outside in the wind at our local Lycoming county fairgrounds. Dustin Yokum placed 15 or 17 th in the ncaa nationals this year and last summer broke 400 several times in 3d competitions. using turbos.
What really makes an arrow drift in the wind, how fat the shaft is , or how much air the vanes displace??? It is a 2 & 1/2 by 4 & 1/4 inch group at 100 yds.

Old 08-12-2004, 10:43 PM

The real issue here is does the sound the turbo make spook animals ?
We have been field testing and hunting for two years and have had no complaints from any staff shooters or shooters in general of the TURBO spooking and animal and causing it to duck or jump.
I now have several videos I show at hunting shows that are from the tv hunting shows we sponser. Everytime we get footage we run it in extreme slow motion to see if there is any reaction by the animal before the arrow arrives.
Of all the animals taken none reacted to the shot until the arrow hit or passed through them except for a pronghorn antelope. It was shot from a blind at a waterhole at about 20yds. I think it reacted to the bow noise.
Some researchers as Holt, seams to say in their investigation of many kills, no numbers given, they did not find an animal to jump the string when the arrow arrived in less than ½ sec.?

My catalog & shop do not have these products, where can one find these nocks for experiment????

If one hunts in desert mountains as we do; ranges less than 40 yds or bow speeds less than 300 fps are almost useless to us: & beyond these perimeter is where the test would be made.

& we would like to try them: & & I suppose on a light Cheetah Arrow the FOC could be maintained in spite of the added weight.
Old 08-13-2004, 06:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nick, I noticed you said that it does not fit the easton axis arrows. Last year at Harrisburg I specifically asked if it would fit axis and a woman working the stand said "sure, you want these" so believing her I bought them and now of course I realize she was wrong. How do I get ones that fit. I also have beman ICS 400's. Is there a way to get some that will fit them instead because I have nowhere to return them.[:'(]
Old 08-13-2004, 06:26 AM

ORIGINAL: NickSnook

I know This TURBO idea is kind of hard to swallow the first time you are exposed to it. Most folks response is There must be something wrong with it or some reason or flaw that will make me decide not to use it, or it must be a hoax.
nick, just a question...first off, i have never seen a turbonock in person, just in pictures. my question is, can a fingers shooter shoot the turbonock? looking at pictures i have seen there doesn't appear to be much room between the throat of the nock and the "wings" (for lack of a better word) for a finger shooter...
Old 08-13-2004, 01:45 PM

hoping nick will see this...
BUMP!
Old 08-14-2004, 12:21 AM

Bottom line the TURBO is a formidable asset to hunting!!
Can you give an address on the net, publication or mag, of an analysis by a neutral source?
Old 08-14-2004, 08:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Heres one for you to look over DWAASP.

http://www.fastestbows.com/reviews/b...urbo_nock.html
Old 08-14-2004, 01:00 PM

Heres one for you to look over DWAASP.

http://www.fastestbows.com/reviews/b...urbo_nock.html
Thanks buckeyebuckhntr:

The three Pro Shops near me do not even know people who has shot the Turbo Nock; I would not be shocked if they sold flint arrowheads.

& the # to order the Turbo Nock is not in service today.

Under tuning information it appears a bow needs to be tuned to a bare shaft: as one tip indicated, one could cut the vanes off of one nock for that tuning.

It appears there could be no contact, and a sound set-up fall-away would be one way to go.

I will try the DeadX & HTX; but would not want to try to get the Hunter through my Bow.

If some of these people are right on tuning tips; In spite of the weight it appears to me that one may be able to use a lighter arrow with these nocks.
Old 08-16-2004, 08:59 PM

ORIGINAL: sho-me_bhntr

ORIGINAL: NickSnook

I know This TURBO idea is kind of hard to swallow the first time you are exposed to it. Most folks response is There must be something wrong with it or some reason or flaw that will make me decide not to use it, or it must be a hoax.
nick, just a question...first off, i have never seen a turbonock in person, just in pictures. my question is, can a fingers shooter shoot the turbonock? looking at pictures i have seen there doesn't appear to be much room between the throat of the nock and the "wings" (for lack of a better word) for a finger shooter...

There is a new turbo coming out that is made for people who want to fletch their arrows. I believe it's called the T2. It has the same spin nock principle but allows for people to fletch with their desired offset, vane size or whatsoever. It also will allow finger shooters a shot at shooting the rifled nock made by Turbo nocks.

Should be intresting to see how people like um.
Dylan

Quick Reply: TurboNock noise

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.