Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

HHA "OPTIMIZER" Moveable pin sight???

Old 02-26-2002, 03:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default HHA "OPTIMIZER" Moveable pin sight???

I'm considering picking up one of these sights for 3D this year and was wondering if anyone has any experiences...good or bad with them.
The one I want I will have to order sight unseen, so I'd love to hear anybody's opinions.
Made in the USA..Lifetime warranty can't be too bad huh? :-)
The models I'm specifically interested in is the "OL-3D 4600" or the regular "OL-4600"..these have a single "Up-Pin Flatliner-like" configuration...the 3D verison just has micro adjust.

http://www.hhasports.com/Sights/OL3D.htm

By the way.....I guess a Moveable pin sight bumps me right out of Hunter Class regardless of no magnification?

Thanks in advance.....Matt
Old 02-26-2002, 05:14 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: HHA "OPTIMIZER" Moveable pin sight???

Matt,

Nothing wrong with the HHA moveable sights. They're machined very well and as good as anything in their class.
The SightMaster series are excellent also but somewhat expensive. I have the Elite 2000 with the accessory Micro Windage Adjustment.
The Sightmasters have, probably, the widest range of adjustment.
You can tell how much of an adjustment range you have on this type sight by looking at the scale at the rear of the sight.
The wider it is the greater the range of adjustment.
I have settings to 120yds. on my Elite 2000 for practice at long range.
Toxonocs makes a rugged unit too but it doesn't have the adjustment range of the Sightmaster.
Bullseye Sights has a version out also that you can use with their scopes.
You are right, if you get one you will have to compete in the open class against the guys with the Sure-Loc's, HTM's, CBE's etc.
If you can compete against them and beat them with an HHA, you will have a bunch of Pi**ed off 3-D shooters to contend with. LOL.
http://www.fsdiscountarchery.com has pretty good prices on them.
http://www.bullseyesights.com
http://sight-master.com
http://www.toxonics.com
In case you want to view the others.
Good luck in your search, Matt.

Sag.
Old 02-26-2002, 06:32 PM
Fork Horn

I use the HHA optimiser lite sights on both my bows. I shoot alot of 3-D and for me the sight works great! I have thought about a sure lok or Toxonics moveable, but keep thinking why???? The HHA works for me and I really dont think I would pick up a ton a points or anything by going with a sure-lok! I have the "pin-up" style of HHA scope on both bows and like that style more so than the pin coming from the side of the scope,which I used till they came out last year with the pin-up style.
Old 02-26-2002, 06:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks for the input guys.....I am moving my "Flatliner" to my hunting bow (as this is where I think it excels) and am considering this HHA sight for it's precision shooting ability.
I have a very flat shooting set-up and my 20-40 pins are so tight it's fairly distracting. I want to be able to aim dead on yardage wise rather than "Gap' pins and this seems like a good choice.
I'm not going to bother with scopes too much yet, so I think I'll give this a try.
Thanks again!
Old 02-27-2002, 03:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Matt, I use this sight on my hunting bows, and I really like them. I would not hesitate to use them for 3-d. I use custom bow sites for 3-d, with G&B 3X lens scope, but again, I would say that the HHA is built good enough for serious 3-d use.
Old 02-27-2002, 09:05 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-27-2002, 08:52 PM
Fork Horn

I use the HHA with the pin up style. I added the light, although I didn't need to use it yet. This is by far the best sight I've had yet. I use it for hunting.