Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Let's talk tips and tricks.

Old 08-04-2004, 03:21 PM

Default Let's talk tips and tricks.

Ok,I use my fingers instead of a release aid,I just can't get those things to work right for me,

Well I have one of the glove things that covers 3 fingers,But I noticed that using the 3 fingers was throwing me off,I figured out what was wrong,Being that I have had arthritis since I was 3 years old,One of my fingers doesn't work as well as the others,And it wasn't releasing at the same speed and time as the others,So I started pulling the bow back with 3 fingers and then holding the string with just 2,

Doing this made a world of difference,Then my glove started getting to where it would hang,If you have ever used one you know they tend to role up and the back,Also my fingers were still not releasing at the same time,So,I thought what can I do about this?

Here's what I did,I put a small amount of tape on the glove at the knuckle where it rolls up,Then I put a simple little band aid around my front knuckle where I hold the string,The Band-Aid kelp my knuckles from bending in ward to far,And in turn gave me a much better release time and speed,And the tape on the glove kelp the glove from rolling up and hanging on the string,

Over all improvement with the 3 little tricks? 75% increase in my shooting and in my accuracy,
Old 08-04-2004, 06:06 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Let's talk tips and tricks.

If you haven't been able to get a release to work for you... I'd try one of the Winn Free relax trigger releases.. this release is prolly the easiest for a finger shooter to get used to. Worked very well for my dad...

But if you must stay w/ fingers.. get a set of all leather ones like the traditional guys use.... I had much better luck w/ those than I did w/ the other styles. And if it's still too soft.. soak it in water and let it dry and it'll stiffen up.
Old 08-04-2004, 07:33 PM

Why are you using a glove? Tab is much more accurate then a glove. Just a thought. What 2 fingers are you holding the string with? Most target archers hold with two fingers under the string.
Old 08-04-2004, 07:50 PM

Ok,I call it a glove,But it's just that thing that covers 3 fingers,You know covers just from the tips to the second knuckle,

And I just like finger shooting better than a release,It's my preffence,

And my problem was that I have the smallest size of that glove tap thingy you can get and it's still a pit big,Well I don't know of any smaller ones anyways.But it's fine now,The tape holds it tight on my fingers and the tape or band-aid around my knuckles gives me a better more even release by limeting the over moving of my knuckles,

Oh yeah,And I do have the leather one.I didn't like the other styles,They just didn't seem as tough and as durable as the leather.

I use the first two fingers,And I don't know what you mean by (archers hold with two fingers under the string.)
[quote]ORIGINAL: ewolf

I use two fingers,But I hold the way I alway's did as a child,But it's working great now.
Old 08-04-2004, 07:57 PM

Sorry it put my reply in where the quote was meant to go,lol.

Why are you using a glove? Tab is much more accurate then a glove. Just a thought. What 2 fingers are you holding the string with? (Most target archers hold with two fingers under the string.)
Old 08-04-2004, 09:36 PM

Ok,I use my fingers instead of a release aid,I just can't get those things to work right for me
Sounds like you would have far less problems learning to use a simple release than what you have to go through to use your fingers.