Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Sight Help

Old 08-02-2004, 07:18 AM

Default Sight Help

Will a peep that is positioned too low, cause the housing of the sight to also be low ? When I say low, I mean to the point that the sight is too close to the rest. I believe I'm having to lower the bow to be able to line up the peep to the pins, because when I try my normal anchor point, I'm looking 3 inches above the peep. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 08-02-2004, 09:29 AM

Default RE: Sight Help

when you are at full draw close your eyes and anchor where you feel is the correct spot and open your eyes if the peep is too low adjust until you can see through. then set your site pins
Old 08-02-2004, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Sight Help

The answer to your question is "Yes". The higher your anchor is the lower your sight has to be to compensate. I've found that most people, when anchored, have a peep that measures about 5 1/2" to 6" above their nocking point. This can vary according to things like ATA length and drawlength. Shorter ATA bows may require a peep height nearly 7" above the nocking point. It varies from individual to individual. But this should give you an idea of what you are looking for. Withte lower anchor point you will naturally have to raise the site, maybe a lot.

To give you an idea, I anchor pretty much under my jawbone. A typical measurement to my peep is 5 3/4" above my nocking point. With this I cam measure from my stabilizer up to my 20 yard pin and have somewhere around 9". That's me. Your bow may, and probably will be different.

Hope this helps.