Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Finally I got a New Bow!

Old 08-01-2004, 08:30 PM

Default Finally I got a New Bow!

Well after a few weeks of checking out bows I went & got another new toy. This will mostly be used for 3-D but after shooting it I think it may join me in the woods a few times this fall as well!

Well here is what I got. I narrowed it down to the Mathews Conquest 3 after a long search which included Hoyts, AR's, Bowtech's, Parker, and Darton. Here is the catcher, I ended up saving about $350.00 when a local dealer had a Conquest 2 they sold to me really cheap since no one wants a long ATA bow anymore......except me. Please don't get me wrong the other bows I tested are great BUT just not for me.

I will say this, the Conquest 2 I have is by far the best shooting bow I have shot as far as accuracy is concerned. It has alittle more hand shock than my Q2XL but I can live with that because this bow is rock solid to shoot. I'm surprised more people don't shoot the Conquests but then again most people want that short ATA today.

Anyway I said I would keep everyone posted when I finally chose a new bow. Thanks to everyone for their input a while back!

Old 08-01-2004, 09:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Finally I got a New Bow!

Congrats, James:

I too am looking for a longer ATA bow, since I have just about decided on the bow I will be hunting with this year.

How is the draw cycle of the Conquest compared to the Q2 XL? Does it have a lot of late draw weight just before letoff? Thanks.
Old 08-02-2004, 06:47 AM

Default RE: Finally I got a New Bow!

Hey Joe,

The C2 has a little more stack right before the draw then drops off to about 80%. I would say the Q2XL may be a little smoother but not by much. I think it mostly has to do with the letoff drop being more sudden.