Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Arrow flight problem..... need help

Old 08-01-2004, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Arrow flight problem..... need help

Ok..

my buddies bow, Legacy...

No matter what we do, we can't get it to shoot a good paper hole, or shoot good groups.
We've done everything we possibly can think of.

He keeps getting a paper tear down, which indicates a low nocking point. so we move the point up... But still same thing... The arrows are porpoising bad..

We even tried moving the rest... and nocking point down and up.. and so on...

We video taped him shooting and when i play frame by frame it looks like his rest isnt getting out of the way soon enough...

He is using a Trap door. The arrows are 29 inch , 2315's with 5 inch feathers. Straight fletched, 100 grain.. shooting 70 lbs with a release. A new Winners choice string and cable, brand new. I noticed when he picked his bow up, that the cam was NOT parralle with the string. The holes did not line up like they are supposed to with mathews cams.

The only think i can think of is his cam isn't rotating right. If you look at the two wholes that are supposed to be lined up with the string, they aren't parrallel..

Do you think this would make this much a problem?

Thanks for any advice you can give
Old 08-01-2004, 04:47 PM

Default RE: Arrow flight problem..... need help

What is the draw length range? What is the draw length set at? That is a problem with solo cams when you change the draw to the extremes of the draw ranges. This could very well be the problem.
Old 08-01-2004, 04:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

its set at 30 iches...

and its a 30 inch draw

It shot fine last year
Old 08-02-2004, 05:40 AM

You'll have to eliminate the fletching contact problems before you do any tuning. Fletching contact will not let the bow be tuned in any manner. JMHO! Be safe.
Shoot Straight
Derbytown
Old 08-02-2004, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

You allready know the problem . The things you have stated are big problems . Mathews cams need to be indexed corectly to get good arrow flight . Line up the cam the way it should be by twisting or untwisting the cabel and or string . I would try to get them both as close to what the factory recomends before puting them on the bow . A mathews cam out of index will give bad nock travel , and the type of arrow flight you are getting . A mathews cam indexed correctly will give you good nock travel . I think there was more truth to their adds the last couple years than some would like to admit . Another word of advise , ditch the trapdoor . They dont work very well with singlecam bows IMO as you need a rest that gives alittel more suport . The trapdoors fall away very quickly .