Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Why do my thunder heads fly better than my muzzys

Old 07-29-2004, 11:12 PM

Default Why do my thunder heads fly better than my muzzys

Just fig, I'd ask.
Its funny I shot 125 muzzys and they always hit just inches to the left of my feild points I went to a little stiffer arrow last year and the muzzys hit way to the left. I could'nt bring them together with my feild points. And the longer the yardage the wider the gap. So I went to a 160 grn two bladed fixed head and loved the way they flew hit perfectly with my feild points. (also 160s) . Well the last two days were pretty windy and I was doing some shooting and my pet 160s were wind planning (more so at longer yardages). So for giggles I put 125s back on retuned a bit and grabbed an old thunder head and despite the wind they grouped better. I then took the quiver off my bow tuned a little finer. And tonight after the wind died I grabbed 3 T-Headed arrows and 3 feild points and the grouping was amazingly tight. The only thing I can fig is that my 125 muzzys must be lighter than my 125 feild points. Or Thunder heads just fly better.
Old 07-30-2004, 05:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Why do my thunder heads fly better than my muzzys

My guess would be that your inserts are not perfectly aligned with your arrow shafts. The O-ring system of the Thunderhead may help them align a little better. If your bow is tuned pretty well, you should not have problems getting Muzzys to fly and group well, unless there are problems with your arrows.
Old 07-30-2004, 08:50 AM

Your muzzy is acting as tho the arrow is overspined. You stated you started shooting a stiffer spined arrow, so that may be it. The heavier head will bring the arrow back to the right.
Old 07-30-2004, 10:16 AM

Why they hit so different are the muzzy 4 bladed? I know I will not slove your thought. But I don't like muzzy's but for hunting only hey why not..but they don't hold up during broadhead shoots. This is a good point as why to shoot before hand.