Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bad day!

Old 07-29-2004, 06:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bad day!

Bought a new bowtech justice about a month ago. This morning before going to work i pick up my bow and sence i have not had time to shoot in 3 or 4 days that i would pull it back a couple of times. I had forgot that i had wraped my releas around the bottom limb and when i pulled the bow back my releas must have slipped down into the bottom pulley and when i let down it coused the string to pop off [] At leased i think this is what happend the room i was in was kind of dark and i really did not see what happend i hard a loud pop! Why does these thing happen to me?[:'(] I know there are some pro`s here do you think that the bow will ever shoot right again?
Old 07-29-2004, 06:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bad day!

As long as the cam didn't get bent or gouged it should be fine after the string is back in place.If the cam is damaged you'll need a new one--no biggy!Have a nice day.
Old 07-29-2004, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks so much! I will take it over to the pro shop this morning and let them guys check it out!
Old 07-29-2004, 06:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Just a little advice, I would really suggest not pulling back a compound bow without the intent to shoot it. This is just from my learning experiences.
Old 07-29-2004, 07:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks! VERY GOOD ADVICE! I have been bowhunting for years. and still i am learning the basic no-no`s
Old 07-29-2004, 07:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

If I really want to shoot the bow and can't for some reason, I'll just work on the form aspect and set up a target at 5 feet in the basement. BTW, I do that often. It can be, if you work on it and make it, as effective as practicing on target out far.
Old 07-29-2004, 07:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Last summer I got a phone call from our club's range manager. He asked me to bring my bow tools over to his house for an emergency housecall (also mentioned he had a fresh case of beer, but that's beside the point).

He and his cousin, who was visiting from out of town, had been out at the range shooting. His cousin had a brand new Mathews. He'd shot at one of our 3D's and commenced to have his own 'bad day.' He had a cell phone clipped to his belt. At the shot, his string snatched that phone off his belt. It got caught between the string and cam and the string cut the phone clean in two! I mean two completely seperate pieces, discounting the shrapnel that got scattered around the accident site. You can still see little pieces of circuit board laying around that shooting station.

Of course, the string popped out of the track, and the cable also bounced out if it's track.

So, got to his house and, after I got my laughter under control and reestablished a normal breathing pattern, I pressed the bow down, inspected everything, smoothed off a couple of burrs that had been dinged into the cam and put his bow back together.

See? Some folks can have days a LOT worse than yours and not do any permanent damage to their bow. [8D]
Old 07-29-2004, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the support! You guys are great! And arthur that is amazing what happened to that cel-phone I`ll tell you something, Doing what i did early in the morning and not having my second cup of coffee, definitly woke me up! And at that moment if i would have had a case of beer? I think i could have thrown the coffee over my shoulder and just sat there and got drunk instead[8D]
Old 07-29-2004, 03:28 PM

when i used to use a peep, i was adjusting it in the house with an arrow nocked so my loop wouldn't move, and i accidently hit the hair trigger on my little goose. this was in the living room. went through the sheetrock, and whatever it hit, the point and insert stayed, didn't go through the outside siding though, thank goodness. i'm not allowed to draw in the house anymore. i also was papertuning by having a target on the porch, with the paper hanging by string between posts, and just missed the target. the arrow went through a steel bench most of the way, through the base of the aluminum window, and stopped about an inch from my laptop sitting on a desk in the computer room. i'm not allowed to do that anymore either.
Old 07-29-2004, 04:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

There's a guy I know who shot the window trim of his bedroom once adjusting something or other in the house, and worse than the cell phone or release deal........he got his HAND caught in the middle of the string and cable in front of 1,000,000 people at a sport show.
(Won't mention any names........coughfrank)[8D]

Now that's entertainment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.