Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

A question about the bk2

Old 02-25-2002, 11:41 AM

Default A question about the bk2

How does the draw force curve compare between the bk2 for 2002 and say, a patriot for instance? I am thinking of buying another bowtech, and this would probably be the one, since it's one of the few models I can get in 31" draw. Unfortunately I don't have a dealer anywhere near me to test them out. Is it as stiff or stiffer through the whole cycle? Does it have a really steep valley like the solos? How is hand shock and noise on the 2002, or 2001 for that matter? Thanks.

Rod
Old 02-25-2002, 02:08 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: A question about the bk2

I have a 2001 Pro38 with the BK dual cams, I bet it is real similar to the 2002 BK2. I have not shot a PAT but the draw curve on mine is pretty smooth drawing it just picks up it's peak weight early in the cycle and carries it all the way to the end and has no valley to speek of if you creep forward any at all it will try and take off, the wall is real solid. As far as hand shock the Pro38 has none to speak of and as noise goes it does have some sting twang but I don't have silencers on it. I don't know if this helps but the 2002 BK2 went to a pro riser similar to the pro38. BT was suppost smooth the dual cams out a bit for 2002.
Old 02-26-2002, 05:12 AM

The grip was also lowered. The riser finish has beveled edges around all cut outs.
Old 02-26-2002, 05:37 AM

The Bowtech rep at the Harrisburg Sports Show told me that it would probably be the beginning of April till the dealers got some 2002 BK2s. He also led me to believe that the BK2 that was at the AMO show was the only (production) 2002 model BK2 in existance at the time. So unless someone got to shoot it there, not a whole lot of people have had a chance to check one out. He also mentioned that they did widen the valley of the BK2 cam somewhat.

Edited by - Olink on 02/26/2002 06:41:03