Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Anyone have this issue with no-ppep?

Old 07-23-2004, 10:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Anyone have this issue with no-ppep?

I've been using the no-peep for a few years now and still find it useful. But lately it's been bugging me a little and it is getting worse. I usually keep my right eye on the right side of the string (I'm a right shooter). However, I have been noticing that I am having a little trouble seeing the exact target that I want to hit (30 yards and over) because my right eye, the string, and the site, pretty much all line up together. I keep both eyes open when I shoot, but the target is a little blurry. If I close my left eye, the target gets real blurry. I'm starting to consider going back to a peep so I can look through the string instead of around it. I tried to alter my head position with the no-peep, and look more to the right of the string, and it works, but I feel a littel uncomfortable. Any thoughts - even from non-no-peep users?
Old 07-23-2004, 10:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anyone have this issue with no-ppep?

My right eye is on the left edge of the string, so not an issue with me.
Old 07-23-2004, 10:57 AM

BobCo - I just started using no peep and initially had the problem of having the string in front of my eye. I too felt uncomfortable. I started to keep my eye to the right of the string before I knew it was comfortable with the new anchor. I just switched to a Winn loop release and now I anchor consistently every time. Keep at the new anchor you will get used to it.
Old 07-23-2004, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I also look on the left side and have no problems that way.
Old 07-23-2004, 12:49 PM

I used one over a year ago, actually I still have it on my bow because it does IMO have some good qualities. But I put the peep back on because I just could not get the accuracy I had with a peep. I worked real hard with the no peep - even shot most of an indoor league with it - my scores suffered big time - and IMO a peep is just more accurate.

I keep it on because it is a good training aid for bow hand torque - It WILL teach you to do things more consistantly.

I aslo had problems wit hthe string and had to change my head to get used to it.

I did find that lefts and rights where more common with just the no-peep. I found that if you tourqed the bow just a tad - It was so easy to unconsiously move your head a millimeter either way to line it up again - this caused lefts and rights.

I killed two deer with it - was not real happy with either shot - and put the peep back on.

Good luck - but I recommend a large peep for hunting.
Old 07-23-2004, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I did find that lefts and rights where more common with just the no-peep. I found that if you tourqed the bow just a tad - It was so easy to unconsiously move your head a millimeter either way to line it up again - this caused lefts and rights.
Isn't this just as likely to occur with a peep? Also, with just a peep, it's harder to tell if you are torquing the grip or not.

Is that why you still use both?
Old 07-23-2004, 01:16 PM

Isn't this just as likely to occur with a peep?
No - because with the peep your head is Always looking from the same Location - atleast one of the variables is constant.

with the no-peep IMO it is easy to get both of them out of line - just a little makes a difference.

Also, with just a peep, it's harder to tell if you are torquing the grip or not.
Yes - And the No-peeps best (only IMO) good feature is that it shows you this.

Is that why you still use both?

Yes - I get the always the same rear reference plus the riser torque check of the no-peep. to be honest though I rarely look at the NP much anymore.
Old 07-23-2004, 01:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Keep at the new anchor you will get used to it.
I'm not real sure that I want to do that.

Maybe I'll throw on a peep over the weekend and try what Rack is doing. I'll also leave the no-peep on. It just seems a little too inconsistant to peek around the string when my natural line up is directly through the string. At least if I get a peep on, I'll be looking through the string again where everything naturally lines up for me. Seeing a blurry target is not much fun.[:@]

It was so easy to unconsiously move your head a millimeter either way to line it up again - this caused lefts and rights
I agree 100%.