Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Winn releases- SS versus regular

Old 07-25-2004, 07:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Winn releases- SS versus regular

Rangeball;
With the Winn Release I will shoot a little bit more of a bent bow arm, now with a wrist strap release I will shoot with a bit more of a straight bow arm, with the T.R.U Ball Chappy Boss I will shoot bow arm almost but not as much bent bow arm as the Winn, Glove. So I really dont face any draw length issues.
Old 07-25-2004, 07:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

You can buy the loop hook separately for use with string loops and attach it to your glove. I've used it since it's inception.

Old 07-25-2004, 10:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would venture to say as long as I dont let the release arm creep forward then my power stroke will remain consistant.
Old 07-26-2004, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thank you all...

BTM, could you please expand on the "crunchiness" you referred to as well as the long adjustment screw?

I'm leaning towards the Winn, and am interested in any mods that make it more user friendly...
Old 07-26-2004, 07:06 PM
BTM
Fork Horn

Rangeball: The trigger is pretty stiff (probably designed by the same lawyers who work for Ruger and Remington), although some argue that you need a stiff trigger to develop the proper back tension.

Anyway, I remove the set screw (Don't drop it or you'll never find the tiny little thing!), then the screw in front of that and replace it with one a mm or two longer. Then replace the set screw and start tinkering. Just remember to stay on the safe side! When you're hunting you'll want it set a bit stiff so you don't have a negligent discharge when the new world record walks by.

SlobbyRobby: The Winns are short and compact, which pulls the string farther back than some releases that have a long mechanism hanging out in front. So even though you keep the same anchor spot on your face, you get a longer power stroke.
Old 07-29-2004, 11:32 AM
mrr

I have the loop model free flight and didn't like the smoothness of the
trigger so I just punched the roll pin out that the trigger pivoted on and pulled out the trigger and tension spring and notied the sear area had casting marks and was'nt smooth. I took a small straight edge wrapped it
with 80 grit paper and went to work until it was all smooth then went to 240 grit to put a finish on it . Did this to both mating surfaces and reassembled. It is now much smoother