Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Significant Fletch Contact.

Old 07-29-2004, 01:12 PM
8PT

Default RE: Significant Fletch Contact.

Maybe I can be of some help on this. I have a Jaguar with this same rest on it and it works great. Most of your problems have already been covered but I will try to consolidate them a little. First off, your rest is mounted too high in back. Install it where the mount bracket is parallel with the slot and the bolt is as far to the back of the slot as it will go. I removed the lock screw at the front of the bracket and got a screw and nut from the hardware store that fit the threads and installed the nut on the screw. I then ran the screw with assembled nut into the hole where the lock screw was removed from the inside(arrow side of the riser to help hold the rest level. The prongs should contact the riser (actually the back of the arrow holder base) when at rest and use this as a stop for the prongs. not the pin in the bottom of the rest shaft. My bow is the two cam (Z cams) model and mine tuned up good with about 1/8"-3/16" nock high. Looks like you have already installed an upper cable guard which I did also and it works great. I have no problems with the steel cable and really prefer it. Set the timing to be fully up at 1 1/2" to 21/2" before full draw. If I can be of more help just email me and if you prefer you can email me a phone number and time to call I will give you a call as I have unlimited long distance service and it won't cost me anything. I hope this helps some.

Tommy