Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Significant Fletch Contact.

Old 07-21-2004, 11:19 PM

Default RE: Significant Fletch Contact.

How is using string loop material going to affect the rest versus the steel cable?
Old 07-21-2004, 11:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

the cable is too rigid for it to work properly.
the rest needs to come up only 1 to 2 inches from full draw to work properly because you need the rest to start dropping ASAP!
Old 07-22-2004, 04:30 AM

From the look on the positioning of your rest I think you might want to try and slide the rest back towards you the shooter and then maybe lower it just a bit so the ends of the launchers are the only part contacting the riser. Seems to me you have too much of the launchers on your arrow shelf, so they can't fall away far enough for your arrow to clear. I waould also try moving your nocking point up 1/16" at a time to see if you can get clearance.
Old 07-22-2004, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

First thing you need to do is get the rest squared up with the riser. The back end of that thing is sitting up so high I'm surprised your arrows aren't doing cartwheels down the range![&:] I have a feeling once you conquer that rediculous slot thing and get that rest to stay squared up and tight you're problem will go away.
Old 07-22-2004, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Your first and #1 problem is that the rest is not on properly , you have the back of the rest up too high , it should be perfectly level with the slot in the risor , or come off of the back of the risor at 90 degrees , the way you have it installed the back of the rest is to high , and that takes about half of the travel away from its function . Put it on level and see what happens , you can rotate your nocks slightly allso , after you have done this and the vane "may" pass thru the slot between the prongs . You can try nock up as has been sugested , but then may run into another vane hitting your cabel . Some rests dont work on some bows so that is a posability . If you were shooting feathers you would still get good flight , thats why I shoot them . Drop away rests definatly arnt allways the answer to fletching contact isues as you [and many others , and myself] have found out .

edit , do a search for nap2000 and nap4000 and there are other threads on here that deal with these rests .
Old 07-22-2004, 06:57 AM

I agree the rest is to high. The rest is down when the arrow passes but there is not enough clearance.
Old 07-25-2004, 06:59 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 07-28-2004, 07:01 PM

I have a martin bow and it too has a slot where the rest bolt goes. What you need to get is a Allen head bolt with a nut. The allen head is round and will fit in the slot,I got mine at ACE hardware. Then you can adjust your rest.
Old 07-29-2004, 01:09 AM

One more consideration to blur the view:

If the Allen bolt does not work for you, make a plug with threaded holes to fit the slot, make sure it fits on a slight taper so it will not shift, then install the rest as on all other bows.

Next your D-loop appears to have 2 brass nocks inside it. In my opinion?? There should be nothing, or at least no more than short string nocks that can be rotated up and down the serving for tuning the bow.

Before the high-speed center shot bow some contact could be tolerable & may not affect flight so much when feathers were used.
But the flight of a high-speed arrow is another story; I cannot see the over 240 contact myself. Even if you fletched your own arrows the cost in time would be great.

As I have stated on other Posts, when you have new fletching look at it very careful in a good light & do the same after every shot. Notice what fletch & what side the contact is on, that will be one clue.

I use another rest, but when one calls the company (for the bow or rest) about this kind of problem they usually help with info about the set-up.
Old 07-29-2004, 06:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have quite a bit of experience with this rest and its my rest of choice. Judging by the pictures, I think you have the rest mounted too high. I like to set them so that the block the prongs go in is just about level with the bottom of the shelf. Once you do that, loosen the screws that hold the prongs in the bottom of the block and slide them out a hair or so. This will get your arrows through the berger hole. Then set you nock point at 1/8 above square and go from there. Once I figured this out, I have yet to have any kind of contact issues with this rest. Very smooth and very quiet.

Quick Reply: Significant Fletch Contact.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.