Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Straight bow-arm vs. Bent bow-arm

Old 07-24-2004, 09:21 PM

Default RE: Straight bow-arm vs. Bent bow-arm

Rangeball

My nickel’s worth, believe it or not:
It once took me some time to tune a bow. But if one gets the T.K.O. fall-away arrow rest a tune may be easy. On this arrow rest and many other fall-aways the pins will stick up to high when they are installed because of where they are attached to the Launcher Block, or the Launcher block will be to high which may cause fletching contact if it is set higher to let the pins lay down more. Futura says they are going to ship new pins. Anyways if one sets the pins to come up for only the last one inch, that will drop it about 8” into the power stroke, and the arrow rest centers the arrow with the string & one has a D-Loop that will turn up and down the serving. It should not take more than 4 shots to put a bullet hole through paper at any distance. And like someone said before in these Postings, when one tunes a bow with a proper set-up fall-away, spine makes a lot less difference. Now if one makes their own pins that bend for the window they must contact the arrow at the same elevation & same angle.