Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

what would you do? help

Old 07-21-2004, 12:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: what would you do? help

Sounds like you have been way more understanding then I would be at this point. I sure do hope this will take care of the problem. Keep us posted.
Old 07-21-2004, 12:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

You could always do what I did when my Parker limbs broke two times in three years - get the limbs fixed and use it as a backup. I'm not trying to be sarcastic, but are you going to trust this bow after three limb cracks?
Old 07-21-2004, 03:04 PM

that's it bobco, right on the head. but i ain't got the $ to get a new one right at this time. i feel a bit like i'm stuck, like my attitude has got to be - 'oh thank you sooooo much for fixing this $650 bow 3 times. i 'm sooooo lucky you guys fix stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!" if i had the $ right now i might fly out to oregon and smash it on their front lawn and go buy a matthews (oh no i didn't) out of spite. whoooo, that felt good. (ok, venting session over). i'll be happy as a clam with it if it doesn't happen again, really like the bow, but i think i'm inventing a new type of panic. instead of target panic, i'm getting limb crack panic, better known as bottom limb fever. i'll update as necessary.
Old 07-24-2004, 07:32 AM

bowtech did in fact 2 day air mail my new limbs to the shop. i had them installed yesterday along with a new string and cable from a guy named aaron, a.k.a. gipper (string shop), over on a.t. beautiful set, appears well made, all the extras, $50 tyd within the week. shooting a 75/95 (7.9 gpi @ 27.5 in) with 100 grain tip and blazer vanes and set at 65# i was shooting 294 fps. oh, its a 2004 pat sc, 29" in draw. this is surprising to me since at 70# i was shooting 296. i guess i've removed the peep since then. anyway, i'm happy as can be right now and hope this doesn't happen again. added some new limbsavers and put the sims leeches in the string (before shooting 294) and its super quiet. pulling 65# is like taking candy from a baby, i can't believe it. shoulda done it a long time ago, guess it was an ego thing. also picked up a hicks release, whoooooo, crisp! so, PLEASE CANCEL THE BOWTECH POSSE! I'M HAPPY, I'M HAPPY.
Old 07-24-2004, 08:39 AM
nub

Hope your new limbs work out for ya. I'll say this about Bowtech. I love mine and will be ordering a new Pro 40 in 05. I've had serious problems with my 03 Pat DC. All was taken care of and I am 100% satisfied. They sent me a new one. Seems a few around the message boards always play the "must be a pressing problem" card. I was assured my problems were'nt a press issue by bowtech. I never did get a real reason why I recieved a new bow. Even after all the blame game bullshi+. Don't matter anymore to me. Like I said, I'm 100% satisfied and will be buying from them again.
Old 07-25-2004, 01:08 PM

gibblet:
you said
. shooting a 75/95 (7.9 gpi @ 27.5 in) with 100 grain tip and blazer vanes and set at 65# i was shooting 294 fps. oh, its a 2004 pat sc, 29" in draw. this is surprising to me since at 70# i was shooting 296. “ I HOPE YOU STAY LUCKY”

I do not know if you have seen my Bowtech postings on speed, but I do believe different limbs can make a difference. My bow was bought @ 28.5” and 60# although there were 4 modules & I usually shoot @ 30”.

My Pro Shop Owner Personally took this bow back to the factory to have the speed checked but all they appeared to do was give it a new BC.

So my Hypothesis is, if I had a company that built, checked, & evaluated the bow limbs as much as Bowtech say they do, I may grade them. And any limb that seamed to have a defect whatsoever, but not bad enough to discard, I would put it on a bow not rated at 70# and 30” draw. Because in my conspiracy mind, I may believe that each level of math a bow hunter had to transverse, the less likely they are to see the defect.