Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

what would you do? help

Old 07-20-2004, 08:15 PM

Default RE: what would you do? help

i guess i'm not being clear. of course he never handed me back a bow with cracked limbs and said shoot it. i should have said "when he installed this last set of brand new limbs" he backed out the bolts 1/4 turn and said it would put less pressure on them and, in turn, they would last longer. it could be the dealer, he's the only one who pressed this set, but he's sold about 80 bowtechs this year - he sells so many he's got a tally by the register, sells matthews, hoyt, hca and others and works on them all. he's been doing this a long time. when the middle set started delaminating i called him, he said bring it in, looked at it, and said i'll have them replaced, but it would be ok to shoot it until the new ones come in. there were no cracks in the limb. all 3 times have been the bottom limb.
Old 07-20-2004, 08:20 PM

After your explanation of the limb cracking in the midle & up from the bolt it sounds like the bowshop is to blame when they pressed the bow. The VFT style bows are very hard to press (as Matt has stated as well) with a standard bow press. I have also seen a few bows that slipped in the press & hot the metal where the rollers are which ended up with the limbs delaminating on the side.

It sounds like you dealer isn't that good & I would look for another dealer to solve the problem correctly.

either way good luck & I hope you get things worked out. Something is wrong & I would bet it's damage by a press.
Old 07-20-2004, 08:23 PM

both sides started de-laminating, not just the one that could have hit the press, but it didn't because i was there.
Old 07-20-2004, 08:26 PM

after 3 sets of cracked limbs i would definately be asking for a new bow, something just isnt right there.
Old 07-20-2004, 08:47 PM

gibblet

that's fine you asked for opinions & I can see nothing anyone says really matters. I was just offering an opinion, you did ask for them. I don't know what kind of answer you are looking, except that something is wrong with the bow. If you feel the bow is the problem then talk to your dealer. If I purchased a bow & had 3 limbs to go bad & felt it wasn't the bow shops fault or my fault I wouldn't shoot it anymore.

Bowtech is a great bow company, they back their products. I have not heard of any problems like you have mentioned so to me it sounds like something else is wrong. Thats my opinion & I guess thats not what you wanted to hear. I do not shoot for Bowtech, I do own one but honestly I mostly shoot my 2 Mathews because I just really like them. The guys on here that shoot for Bowtech are great people & I have had the pleasure of meeting most of them. They are honest people that really care about helping people.

I'm sorry your not hearing what you want to hear.
Old 07-20-2004, 10:19 PM

dude, all i said was i was there and the bow didn't slip in the press and hit the metal. i'm taking in what is said, and continuing the conversation. perhaps you read my post with a different inflection than i intended because you are definately going somewhere using your own road signs and not our conversation. but its cool and i appreciate your and nubo's and matt's, and everyone elses input. thanks everyone. i'll let y'all know what happens tomorrow. i haven't heard about this before either, and with all the presses and all the bowtechs out there and all the people pressing their own, that does lead me to think it just may be the bow - or this would be more common - but it could be me, or the press at the shop - i'd really like to find out though.
Old 07-21-2004, 12:08 AM

With the next set of limbs you get put on the bow, have them install a new set of limb rockers and limb bolt washers. There might be a blemish on one of these that's causing uneven pressure on the mounting surface of the limb??
Old 07-21-2004, 04:03 AM

thanks wwag, ya know - they ain't even scratched yet, i mean not even one little tiny scratch. i mean it doesn't even look like a hunting bow yet.
Old 07-21-2004, 11:29 AM

well i guess a solution has been reached. still don't know why though. bowtech will not entertain ideas about replacing the bow as its a warranty issue, understandable imo if it ends here. the sales rep asked the dealer to inquire about my arrow weight, nothing else. when that checked out ok i was told the bow wouldn't be shipped for them to inspect, but that they were 2 day air mailing, free of shipping charge, a new set of limbs to the shop. dealer and rep had no idea why this was happening, dealer suggested both sets of limbs were ordered so close together it may have been a bad batch, but couldn't say for sure. he didn't feel i had anything to do with it, he said the bows were made to have the he!! shot out of them like i do. i am happy they are air mailing this set and i don't (we'll see though) have to wait the 10 days for them to get here ground. he (dealer) was very ready for me to be confrontational with him and about bowtech, but when i wasn't he warmed up real nice like. i'm about twice his size and nicer than i look so that was understandable. i still just left wondering what happened. its easy for me to blame the shop owner, who by the way is on a million peoples shooting staff and has helped develop some of the more popular archery products currently in use, or bt, or me, but until i know what did it, or if this set lasts, i'll keep my mind open about it.
Old 07-21-2004, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

How do you screw up a bow in the press? Also is hard to press becasue of the parrallel limbs?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.