Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bringing broadheads & field points tgether.

Old 07-18-2004, 11:12 AM
Typical Buck

Default Bringing broadheads & field points tgether.

I'v got my field points flying good & getting good groups but today I tried my broadheads & they were about 6" left & a bit down. The elevation issue was easy to fix & now theyre within about 1 or 2 inches at 20 yards. The windage however has me baffled.
I moved my rest in to the right in small increments till they were hitting where the field points did but then my field points are way right & I'm nowhere near centershot with it set up this way & arrow flight is out the window also.
I'm shooting 2216 gamegetters at 68# & they are 28" shafts with 4" vanes & 100 grain heads.
I'v got some 2219's coming so that may fix it but I'm very frustrated at this point.
Last year I shot the same arrows out of a Bear compound at 70# & there was no issue at all.
It may just be that I'm under spined at this point but I would like some opinions.
One more thing is I switched from fingers to releas this year & dont know if thats part of my trouble.
Old 07-19-2004, 04:09 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Bringing broadheads & field points tgether.

Nobody?
Old 07-19-2004, 05:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

What you forgot to do after each move of the rest was to resight your bow with field points then shoot the broad head.
If the gap has closed then move the rest a tad more then resight with field points.
Old 07-19-2004, 08:41 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Ausie-guy

What you forgot to do after each move of the rest was to resight your bow with field points then shoot the broad head.
If the gap has closed then move the rest a tad more then resight with field points.

Ok, I'll give that a shot. I wasnt really worried about the sight at that point. I kinda thought I should move the rest towards the field point group a little at a time till they both hit together & then adjust my sights. However I am new at this and any help is appreciated. I apologize in advance if I ask any dumb questions.

Thanx.
Old 07-19-2004, 08:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Go to Easton's website and download their tuning guide. It will help you tune your bow and broaheads. There's a ton of info you can gather from that little download.

www.eastonarchery.com
Old 07-19-2004, 09:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

I apologize in advance if I ask any dumb questions
No need to apologize for asking questions.

Just remember the only dumb question is the one you dont ask.

We are all here to help each other and we all where once beginners
Old 07-19-2004, 10:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

This is what this site is all about HELPING each other in any way we can.

nubo
Old 07-19-2004, 11:40 PM
Fork Horn

Why do you want them shooting at the same point of impact? Unless the shafts are considerably overspined you're not going to get them to the same point of impact and have optimal flight unless you're shooting one of the lower profile fixed head like a Slick trick. I've never really understood that whole deal. If you're underspined that's fine go to a stiffer shaft, but I still think you need to tune for optimal broadhead flight and that might not be where the field points hit.
Old 07-20-2004, 03:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Their are many factors that contribute to this. The easton tuning guide is a great place. I would double check your arrow spine. it seems a bit weak for your setup and that may be the problem or you may not have enough fletching or helical to control the heads. If you go to www.broadheadtests.com and read the tuning section it may help you out some as well.
Old 07-20-2004, 01:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Seems pointless to paper tune a bow with field points only to move it all around again to try and get Broad heads to fly like the field points. I would paper tune with broad heads and sight it in with broad heads, thats the best way to get the best accuracy out of them.
But thats why I use mechanicals now days, there the best thing since sliced bread. IMO

Quick Reply: Bringing broadheads & field points tgether.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.