Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Shooting high

Old 07-16-2004, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Shooting high

Well, Im shooting an old Bear Whitetail Hunter bow, and when I shoot it, it shoots high, I man really high, I have to aim atleast a foot underneath the target at 10 yards. The sight ring thingy I got now is about 2 inches from top to bottom, are there any sights out there that I can move the sights atleast 3 to 4 inches? In other words, I need HUGH sights if there are any.
Old 07-16-2004, 06:25 PM

Default RE: Shooting high

I don't know of any sites like that. I would just move back to 20 yards. That would cause the arrow to fall right in.
Old 07-16-2004, 06:25 PM

A. make sure your using your top pin at that range
B. Whenever you adjust your site...Always move the pin to follow the arrow. For example....if your shooting high, you need to raise your site.
C. The pins should be adjustable and there may or may not be an adjustment that allows you to move the whole sight up or down.

Try moving things up and see if that helps.
Old 07-16-2004, 07:18 PM

Oh ok I see what your going after with moving the whole site. I have a site and I can move the pins or the whole thing. I'm not sure what it is called, but it came with my bow.
Old 07-16-2004, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Your not getting it. I moved the sight all the way up to the top, it still shoots a atleast a foot high. So I moved back to 20 yards and i used the second pin, shot high still. So i used the very top pin and it shoots about 6 inches high with the pin all the way to the top from 20 yards. So i went back to 30 yards, and now the pin is about one centimeter from the top. What I need is for the individule sight to move atleast 3 maybe 4 inches from the bottom to the top. See the thing is 2 inches, but it needs to be like 4 or something.

Old 07-16-2004, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Or a sight where i can move the whole thing too would work.
Old 07-16-2004, 08:09 PM

You may want to moadjust your rest and nocking point. Your sight should have adequate movement. Your arrow rest should hold the arrow at the same hieght as your berger button. The berger button is the hole where you mount the rest to. Check and see if that is the hieght of the rest. Your rest may be holding the arrow well above the berger button.
Old 07-16-2004, 08:11 PM

sorry about the first line it should read, You may want to adjust your rest and nocking point.
Old 07-16-2004, 08:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would say your rest might be a tad high and your nocking point might be a little low in order to get these result's ,check your arrow while nocked to make sure that your arrow is absolutely level then just move your nock up an 1/8 inch and try shooting again. Next try dropping your rest 1/8 and try your shot again .Hopefully after that you can start re adjusting your sight into position that you like .

nubo
Old 07-16-2004, 09:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

That Whitetail Hunter of yours was obsolete 20 years ago! The sight you've got is designed with very little adjustment travel for today's higher performance bows. Sights these days don't need all that much travel like they did when your bow was new.

You need to find an old style Cobra sight. The one that's simply an aluminum plate that has long slots for pin adjustment and long mounting screw slots to adjust the height of the sight bracket. That's the kind of sights we shot with back in the stone age. You might find one in the backroom of an archery shop.

Quick Reply: Shooting high

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.