Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Contacts, glasses and peep sights

Old 07-13-2004, 01:57 PM

Default Contacts, glasses and peep sights

does anyone switch between contacts and glasses and use a peep sight? Does it present any problems. I have always shot with my contacts in, but i am wondering if there would eb any difference between contacts and my glasses.

I am also thinking of trying a No-peep, woudl that work well with glasses or contacts?

thanks
Old 07-13-2004, 01:59 PM

Default RE: Contacts, glasses and peep sights

I find it almost impossible to shoot with my glasses on. I bought contacts that I use only when hunting or practicing.

I think the no peep would work with glasses, but then you still have to deal with glasses getting dirty, wet, foggy, etc. IMO, contacts are a must for bowhunting.
Old 07-13-2004, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

It doesn't make a difference for me if I'm wearing my glasses or contacts. I almost always wear my glasses when I practice and contacts for hunting. I occaisionally practice with my contacts in though....no difference for me....I'm not that blind either!
Old 07-13-2004, 03:56 PM

I have been wearing glasses all my life. The only time i have a problem is when i'm hunting with a face mask. Damn glasses fog up everytime. I tried contacts but had problems with my eyes dring out and the contacts popping out.
Old 07-13-2004, 06:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

It took me awhile to get used to it when i got glasses but I had to get used to shooting with my glasses on because contacs irritate my eyes. I have never had a problem with them fogging up or anything while shooting, just the glare of them sometimes and getting over how they feel.
Old 07-14-2004, 08:53 AM

I have not seen a change in my impact point, but I pick up the target much quicker with my contacts in. I guess the frame of my glasses gets in the way sometimes. Also, no fogging problems with contacts, and that is absolutely my biggest complaint with glasses. When they fog up, forget about it.
Old 07-14-2004, 08:55 AM

thanks for the input guys, i guess i just need to get out and shoot for a bit with my glasses so that i am comfortable with them incase i need to wear them in an emergency hunting situation.
Old 07-14-2004, 10:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

I wear glasses and dont have a problem unless they fogg up but I am supplied with wipes at work that prevent fogging.

I have never tried contacts because whats wrong with my eyes I need lenses that darken when out side.
Old 07-15-2004, 02:44 PM

glasses contacts should make no difference. I use glasses 90% of the time and when I have contacts in sometimes there seems to be no change. For fogging you can use any number of preventers but what I have found to work the best is a very small amount of J&J babysoap/shampoo smear it on both sidesw then rinse of the excess without wipeing all of it off. This works best for me the other sprays and wipes seem to run, streak, and smear when I get a little steamy from climbing the hills and makes it extemly difficult to see thru the smudges and smears. give it a try. give everything a try it can't work if ya don't try then use what works best for you.
Old 07-23-2004, 02:42 AM

I bought contacts especially for hunting. I wear a facemask when I'm hunting and my glasses always fogged. The biggest thing for me was to stop being a sissy and just put the damn things in! If your not comfortable with your contacts wear them alot before you hunt!

Quick Reply: Contacts, glasses and peep sights

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.