Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

MZE on Bowtech?

Old 07-11-2004, 11:08 AM

Default MZE on Bowtech?

I bought a Bowtech MM 04 and would like to use a MZE like I have on my Parker UL31 but I have heard that the parallel limbs will not allow the MZE to drop properly. Is this true? I can see that the cable slide on my Bowtech does not come back near as far as it does on my Parker. I am now using a Trophy Taker but it is a bit noisey in my opinion.
Old 07-11-2004, 02:08 PM

Default RE: MZE on Bowtech?

You heard right - I have had a fit trying to get the MZE to work on my MM - it will shoot good, but you will have contact on the rest no matter what you try. Personally, I am strongly considering the delux WB (B2). Before the MZE I tried a NAP quicktune drop-away, and was not satisfied with the noise - and still had clearance issues. I really wanted the MZE on the MM, because it works so great on my FX, but you can't have everything[&o].
Old 07-11-2004, 11:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

You can get a bit more travel by crossing the cables above the cable guard.

I had the MZE on my 02 Patriot and it worked by doing the above.

I have the same MZE on my 03 Pat Dually and another MZE on my 04 Black Knight.
On both these bows I have no problem with travel.
What I did have to do on the Black Knight is take off the over draw side plates as the 04 risers have a wider shelf.
Old 07-12-2004, 02:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ausie ! talked me into putting a MZE on my new 04 Patriot Dually,I really love this rest and it work's great as well .But As Ausie say's I had to take off the overdraw plate as well.

nubo
Old 07-13-2004, 03:47 PM

Hey guys, been gone for a while, but I'm back. For now anyway.

I just bought a new MM VFT this weekend and put my muzzy from my darton on it. I use feathers and hadn't really noticed the contact problem. Hadn't really gotten that far in the tuning proccess yet either. After reading this post I threw on an arrow with vanes on it, and sure enough it hits!

I really want to use this rest on this bow. So I am curious to any fixes that might make it work. Someone mentioned crossing the cables on the top instead of the bottom. It actually warns against this in the manual. I see this is the place to be for bowtech questions, so can one of you bowtech nuts tell me what will happen if I try this. I assume it changes the relationship between the string and cam, but then so does using the cable guard that comes with the muzzy. Will this wear out my string or cables faster, or possibly make it jump off the cam? There has to be a reason they tell you to check specificallly for that in the manual.

Thanks,
Paul
Old 07-13-2004, 07:11 PM

Len in MD would be the best person to talk to about this bow & rest setup.
Old 07-13-2004, 08:23 PM

I think I figured it out. They manual says not to cross the cables on the top because if you cross them with the cable slide the way it comes stock, they will rub. All you need to do is flip it over and it works. The some thing for the muzzy. Just use the cable guide so the longer slot is in the front, not the back and cross the cables on the top instead of the bottom. I did this earlier and the rest works now. I looked at before I changed it, and after and it doesn't seem to change the geometry of the cables that much.

I would still be interested in hearing some input from someone at bowtech about the subject. I would hate void my warranty or something.

Good luck,
Paul
Old 07-13-2004, 09:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Another thing you can do to get plenty of clearance is shoot cock vane/feather up.
Old 07-15-2004, 06:23 PM

Had to take the muzzy back off the mighty might. It pulled the cables too hard for my liking, and the cable guard even came loose. I don't know if it was from the extra tension or not, but I was not going to risk it.

I went and got a Drop Zone for it instread. It functions much better on this bow. I put the stock cable slide back on and crossed the cables on the bottom like they are supposed be and installed the new rest. No problems with fletch contact on the first try. This rest ain't no muzzy, but it works pretty well. It deffinately gets points for being quiet.

Just thought I would let you guys know that I couldn't get it to work. I bet if you got one of the muzzy for the mathews bows with the roller guards you could make it work. I saw one in a magazine and the set up is simular to the drop zone.

Good luck,
Paul