Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Junk Outback or what?

Old 07-11-2004, 09:04 AM

Default RE: Junk Outback or what?

Walks with BowTech" I like it!!!! Or maybe "Walks kinda gimpy while carrying BowTech"[&:] I think this thread just got hijacked! Twist em' up!!!!
Old 07-11-2004, 12:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Brace is low, ATA is too long. Cam is over rotated. Weight is low. Sounds like Gimpy hit it on the nose. Twsit 'em up. This ain't rocket science.
Old 07-11-2004, 12:18 PM
Fork Horn

NUB, please correct me if I'm wrong, but if the bow is NEW, and according to Mathews in spec, I should not have to twist the string/cables to get the cam in time, the poundage up or fix the brace height and ATA. Seems to me that I would be putting a bandage on some other problem. Is this systemic of a more significant problem or am I not fully understaning the simplicity of it. I have never proclaimed to be any sort of a bow tech, but I do need to educate myself more. As far as the limbs go, they say 70 lbs but who knows, the cam has OUTB-DR on it. The guys at Mathews had their chance to keep my consumer loyalty, I just want it fixed so I can move on. I will not be supporting the Mathews profit margin any longer.
Old 07-11-2004, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ray
the bow is new
so you had to buy the bow from a pro shop, did you shoot the bow and test the weight before you bought it or did you just grab it up off the rack and buy it because it said mathews outback on the limbs?

just speculating here but...
next time before buying on impulse.....
checking the bow out very thourroughly before buying it can and will save you from having to deal with issues like this.
Old 07-11-2004, 04:01 PM
CR

Twist your cable to get the a to a at 31 1/2, right now you're 1/4" long. Then twist your string to get the cam in the proper position.
Old 07-11-2004, 04:12 PM
Fork Horn

Bigpapascout, yes the bow is new, but I did not, and do not impulse buy. I bought a second Mathews because I owned an LX and was very pleased with it, and had shot the display Outback on several occasions and was extremely impressed with it. Yes I did shoot my bow and it shot very well at the shop, although I did not put 30 - 40 arrows through it, nor did I measure the brace height or the ATA, I did give it a good looking over. Maybe I should have went over it with a fine tooth comb. Although when I bought my new truck I did not measure the rated horse power or measure the wheele base, I took it at the manufactures word that it was made to spec. It was the second time I shot it that I discovered something was not right. I had to comletely resight the bow in. I thought no big deal maybe the string and cable are just settleling. But when it happened the third time I shot it, I took it back to the shop and when we started investigating we found how out of spec it was. We tried in vane to reset the bow but kept having problems. When we got Mathews on the phone and reported what we had found, they said to return the bow and they would repair/replace the bow. When I got the bow back from Mathews the specs I originally stated was the way it was retured with their blessing on it. Don't get me wrong I do appreciate all the responses. I am just letting the archery community no about this to protect others and maybe help me fix my problem.
Old 07-11-2004, 04:12 PM
Fork Horn

It sounds like it is a simple problem. The strings and cable will stretch and that will cause things to get out of spec. Usually it's just the cable though and putting the cam back into proper position by twisting it up will increase your draw length and increase your draw weight. I think that's why a lot of guys go to after market strings that stretch less. But for me I don't see it as a big deal to twist things up as needed. I wouldn't sweat that, you have a great bow.
Old 07-11-2004, 05:59 PM

I've owned a few and the factory string and cables have a bit to be desired,,, probably just initial stretching. Twist the string and cables up so you have proper rotation and draw weight and you'll be fine. Too bad it's taking this long to get it right[:@] It dosen't sound like someone is taking very good care of you. Keep your chin up, we're here to help!!!!
Old 07-11-2004, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Capt Ray
I didnt mean to ruffle youre feathere by Implying any thing it is just that so many people do buy on impulse or because some one said this is what you need to buy or by being brainwashed by television ads ot ads in the hunting rags. know what I mean?

If you dont get sadisfaction I would call Mathews and tell them if they dont fix the problem when you send it back this time the next time they wont be talking to you but your lawyer!
I guarantee youre bow will get fixed right then.
Old 07-11-2004, 08:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Seems like with the hassle you have already given them, if you just laid it on the line and said enough of the BS i wanna new bow they should send you one!!!!Thought they were a better company than that.

Quick Reply: Junk Outback or what?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.