Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Let's talk about this stuff

Old 07-09-2004, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Let's talk about this stuff

http://www.bowhunting.net/sticks/

I'll start.

I looked at it REAL hard awhile back. Came really close to pulling the trigger, until I got a deal on an ASAT 3D suit.

I think it would be fantastic in a tree stand. From a deers pov, when it looks up, it sees limbs, leaves, and sky. This stuff seems to have the proper blend of lighter colors that seem like it would really disappear in this setting.

If they offered it in a 3D suit, I'd have to have one.

Jeff, you're next.

Rack, do your thing...
Old 07-09-2004, 01:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Let's talk about this stuff

By the way, make sure and read the info about this stuff. He puts forth some interesting info on how vision works, etc.
Old 07-09-2004, 01:19 PM

Actually Range...............I like it[][][:-][:-]

I agree - should be effective up in a tree or on the ground.

I still like my BLOB camo......it just looks so pretty
Old 07-09-2004, 03:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I still like my BLOB camo
Bunch of Left Over Bullchit?

Old 07-09-2004, 04:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sticks & Limbs is also a good camo.

The same principles that make ASAT and Predator work make it work too.
Old 07-09-2004, 05:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

I've used it for years and don't see the need to buy that ASAT stuff. It's the most used camo I have.

Old 07-09-2004, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

LOVE Sticks N' Limbs..I hunted it with it for a couple seasons.

My only issue was that the clothes I had were poorly made (Clarkfield made my Jacket and pants), and the pattern faded fairly easily.

If I could find well made clothes that fit my needs (hence my post over on AT, Rangeball) I would still use it. The coloration is PERFECT IME.

The pattern is excellent as is, but if somehow one could apply the tonal range of SnL to the Predator pattern, I believe that would be the ultimate camo pattern.

If Freddie Bear Sports can come through with the sizing I need (and it seems so, cost is still the only unknown, I need to contact them) I think I will end up that way. I just cannot find ASAT or Predator camo that fits my needs (heavy insulated gear that is bowhunting friendly) that also doesn't cost several hundred dollars (Like Predator Inc., or Day One)

And as you said on AT, a SnL "leafy" or "3D" camo would be incredible.

BTW that "blueish" tint really has a good chameleon effect..in a tree on a sunny day it gets more blueish, and when overcast or on the ground it gets a medium tone gray. Same with a brown or green area..it "adapts" quite well.
Old 07-12-2004, 07:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

And as you said on AT, a SnL "leafy" or "3D" camo would be incredible.
Yup. Couldn't sleep Saturday night due to the 7 screaming 10 year old girls running around "slumber" partying their butts off, so I engineered one in my head

Based on what Freddie Bear offers in clothing styles, which is very limited imo, I figure one could buy the cargo pants, long sleeve t-shirt and head net then 2 yards of the fabric.

Cut the fabric into 5-6" wide strips, then sew them vertically on the clothes, with one stitch in the middle of the fabric. Then, cut a wavy edge like the ASAT 3D has on the unsecured edges of the loose fabric. Viola, a S&L 3D suit...

Actually, I'd be happy with just the t-shirt/headnet combo done this way, could wear them with my ASAT 3D pants.

Probably will never do this, as it costs money, time and labor, and my ASAT 3D seems to work so well...

But, it'd be cool if they offered S&L in a 3D suit. I think I'd have to have one of those...
Old 07-13-2004, 08:10 PM

nice looking camo - anyone have any experience with it? I think it would be great out of a tree stand!