Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Mathews' Customer Service...again.

Old 07-08-2004, 09:51 PM

Default Mathews' Customer Service...again.

But it's not a bash, so if that's what floats your boat stop reading now. (I can hear the moans from some of you M-word haters.)

Last week my LX's bottom limb splintered...just a small sliver along the edge popped up. On Wednesday I took my bow back to the shop I bought it from, they called Mathews' right then and there...and Mathews' promptly got my new limbs in the mail.

To make a long story short, yesterday I picked up my bow, and she's shooting just fine. So for all the horror stories, here's my positive story. New limbs in a week, with a Federal holiday during that time. I'm pretty satisfied with that.

If your considering getting a bow with the mark of the beast on it (gold Mathews' logo) and you've heard negative about their Cust. Service, they took care of my problem quickly. If you have to have a failure, and they do happen with ALL brands, then this is pretty much all you can ask for.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled bow bashing
Old 07-09-2004, 05:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Mathews' Customer Service...again.

That's good to hear!
Old 07-09-2004, 05:58 AM
nub

New limbs in a week, with a Federal holiday during that time. I'm pretty satisfied with that.
A week! [] I took mine across the street, while in town, to the factory, new limbs in 20 minutes.
Old 07-09-2004, 06:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

My experiences with Mathews customer service have been quite good the majority of the time. Back when I managed a shop in the mid 90's (before they got popular), they were the best out of the manufacturers we dealt with by far.

I've had some issues with bows in recent years, and everything has been fixed promptly and to my satisfaction, but I have an awesome dealer who won't put up w/ any BS from any company. I've heard some of his phone calls to Mathews and on occasion he gets the "we can do no wrong" attitude from them, especially when questioning a new design or similar (like when the HP cams first came out and were cutting cables because they stopped putting the longer end serving on them, and the cam edges were sharp).

I've never had the bad CS experience others have had from them, but I suspect Mathews is realizing how important a role it plays in gaining and keeping marketshare these days. Everyone makes a good bow, and a customer has a choice of many other companies who will fix/replace things with no questions asked. In todays very competitive market, no bow company can afford to lose customers over a legitimate problem or warranty issue.
Old 07-09-2004, 07:05 AM

That's good to hear. I won a new LX w/quiver at the last IBO shoot in Erie. Just sent the gift certificate in to Mathew's last week so hopefully it'll be here soon.