Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Whisker Biscuit Users Look!!

Old 07-07-2004, 09:50 PM

Default Whisker Biscuit Users Look!!

okay all of you archers who use the whisker biscuit...what are your preferences for fletching your arrows?? Vanes? Feathers? What size fletchings? Helical? Straight? Or Offset? Wondering what is working for all of you as I'm doing a little testing on my current setup to see if there is much of a difference with change in fletching!! Thanks in advance for replies!!
Old 07-08-2004, 12:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Whisker Biscuit Users Look!!

I use offset. Definately get the new B2 WB its waaaaay easier on vanes.
Old 07-08-2004, 03:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

B2 biscuit with 4 3' right helical feathers. Low profile, plenty of control and excellent performance. 4" bohning vanes are also a great choice with fletched with a hard helical.
Old 07-08-2004, 11:41 AM
Fork Horn

I was never a big fan of Bohning vanes myself. I always seemed to be having problems getting them to stick to my shafts. In any case, I'm shooting 3 - 4" right helical AAE Plastifletch vanes as of right now. I haven't gotten a ton of shots through my B2 yet, so I'm nost sure how they're gonna hold up. So far so good, although I see AAE makes a vane that they say is specifically for shoot-through rests like the Whisker Bisquit. Anyone seen these yet?

PS - I know a lot of guys are using Duravanes through the Bisquits with good results as well.
Old 07-08-2004, 11:47 AM

I just recently changeds to the B2 and I'm currently shooting offset vanes (3 - 3 7/8") eastons. They wrinkle but hold up ok. I'm probably wrong here but do the helical fletchings fly erratic thru a WB?? I think I will try helical also!! Thanks!!
Old 07-08-2004, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

When the Bohning vanes stay on the arrow, they do work well, but they are very heavy compared to other vanes. I prefer the AAE Speedflytes, because for my arrows, I can use a 100 gr. broadhead and still have decent FOC, where with the Bohnings, I need to use a 125, so my total arrow weight goes up 40 grains. No big deal, just prefer the Speedflytes. I've heard that Flex Fletch is even better, and am planning to order some soon. I generally use straight-offset fletching, and seem to be getting very good flite and accuracy with broadheads. I've experimented with helical. With some of my bows last year, it seemed to be important. Helical will not tear up good vanes like bohning, speedfytes, etc. Feathers shoot very well through the biscuit, and you can give them as much helical as you want. I am hesitant to use feathers with all the rainy days we seem to have during archery season around here.
Old 07-08-2004, 07:08 PM

I'm shooting vanes, 3, i think 3 7/8" with an offset through my B2 biscuit. they're working great.

slayer