Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Best Looking Bow

Old 07-06-2004, 06:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Best Looking Bow

Yep..best LOOKING bow...not talking about performance or speed, or quality...which bows on the market do you think have the best eye appeal? Doesn't matter if you own one or not...

And yes, I know Arthur, that compared to a good stick, they are all ugly

My personal fave is the Martin Cougar III with SE limb pockets..

Old 07-06-2004, 06:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Best Looking Bow

Another pic...

It's hard to see in the pics, but the machine work on the Cougar III riser is just beautiful.
Old 07-06-2004, 06:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I also think the Primos STL has a very nice "classic" look

Old 07-06-2004, 06:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Better pic of the Coug

Old 07-06-2004, 06:39 AM

It probably isnt the best looking overall but I like the Reflex bows with the wolf prints and deer hooves milled into them. They are a nice touch
Old 07-06-2004, 06:59 AM

I know the most popular are the parallel limb models. Personally, I really like the recurve limbs like those found on some of the Merlin models. After those, I'd have to go with the Hoyt Tec riser models.

Old 07-06-2004, 07:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well, Jeff, if it's gotta be a compound.... None of today's bows wrinkle my prune. Here's a coupla Martins from the past, a Warthog and Super Diablo. IMO, for a bow to be a bow, it's gotta have wood in it.[8D]

I'd really like to have one of those ol' Warthogs, but updated with modern wheels like the ones Barnsdale uses on his bows. That would be a compound that I could love.

While we're on the subject, my vote for the ugliest bow of all time is the Rigid. Check out that parallel limb technology![:'(]

1977 for those wondering how old the idea is.
Old 07-06-2004, 07:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

I agree with you Jeff B! the Martin is an awsome looking bow ,I'm sure if someone had been selling them in my area I would have had to give them some serious thought .The only thing I don't like about them is thier grip .But the P.S.E. STL doesn't do anything for me at all

nubo
Old 07-06-2004, 08:03 AM

holy crap, that Rigid is one ugly bow!!
Old 07-06-2004, 08:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

holy crap, that Rigid is one ugly bow!!
Exactly what I said when I first saw one. I guarantee ya, the picture simply doesn't do it justice. It's far uglier in person.

Nubo, guess you don't know you can get optional grips from Martin. I don't like the standard rubber grips they put on their bows either, but I do like the optional wood grips.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.