Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

re-serving--tools and materials

Old 07-06-2004, 06:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default re-serving--tools and materials

What do you recommend for a good re-serving tool and what material works the best for center serving?I'm not sure about the thickness for serving material on my legacy and i want to use the same diameter as i had on it.
Old 07-06-2004, 10:59 AM

Default RE: re-serving--tools and materials

I have two of the Bjorn servers and keep the loop and end serving in one and the center serving in the other. I use .022 Brownell Diamond Back for the center servings and .018 for the loop and end servings, same material.
Old 07-06-2004, 11:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thank you much.One other thing--do i serve in the same direction that my string is twisted?
Old 07-07-2004, 10:32 AM

Hoping that all the servings are wrapped the same way, what I do is to take the string off the bow, trying not to untwist or put more twists in. I'll then put the string in my jig and make sure that all servings are going the same way. If so, I take off the old center serving and then,,,, I put about 12 more twists into the string and then reserve in the same direction of the twists. When done I'll take the 12 twists out of the string to bring it back to the way it was when I took it off the bow. This puts more twist and tension on the serving when reinstalled back on the bow. I shoot most of my bows directly off the string with a caliper release and it's worked very well for me.
Old 07-08-2004, 05:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll give it a try--might take a few attempts but i do want to be able to do my own servings.Thanks for the help!