Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Q about Jennings Bows

Old 07-05-2004, 09:31 PM

Default Q about Jennings Bows

I've been given a Jennings Bow and was wondering f anyone has one or has shot one enough to comment on the quality.
Old 07-05-2004, 10:23 PM

Default RE: Q about Jennings Bows

As strange as it sounds I haven't even shot it yet. It was left for repair (string and cable replacement) at a local pro shop and I know the owner. He said he has been trying for 9 months to get ahold of the guy who own it to no avail. He contacted his lawyer and did whatever the lawyer said he should do to "legally" try to contact him before it became his bow. It is in pretty good shape, it is all cosmetic damage so far but my friend is gonna break it down, clean/lube it for me and give it a good once over.

I waited till I went back home on vacation to really start looking around and just stumbled onto this bow. I stopped by his shop today and just happened to catch him there working.
Old 07-06-2004, 05:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've had a ton of Jennings bows...quality really depends on time of manufacture, and model..they/ve made some awesome bows, and some real crap...can ya give us some specs?
Old 07-06-2004, 07:44 AM

If I remember correctly it was a Jennings Uniforce, BUT I don't remember for sure.
Old 07-06-2004, 08:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

Jeff may be able to help you with the uniforce. My experience with them only goes back to '99 and even then only on certain models. Nowadays though Jeff is certainly right. Some of their bows can hang right up there with the best in terms of manufacturing tolerances and overall quality while others are best left to the "clearance rack".

Good luck with yours.
Old 07-06-2004, 09:34 AM

Well, it's free so if it only lasts 6 months it was worth the price. I was just curious.
Old 07-07-2004, 08:19 AM

I have shot Jennings my entire life, I started with the Machined Extreme 2 cam, then shot a Speedstar, still one of my favorite bows, then shot a Star Master I think it was called, a split limb bow and now I shoot a carbon limb Jennings called the Rack Master I think. I guess that tells you how much I've been shooting lately. Anyway, I have always had good luck with the Jennings, never any problems. That's my 2 cents
Old 07-07-2004, 01:08 PM

Are they still in business???
Old 07-07-2004, 02:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

I had/still have a carbon extreme. It is a very good bow, and I killed a lot of deer with it, but is a little old. I still consider it a backup bow (along with my Parker).
Old 07-07-2004, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have owned two different bows that had the same riser as the early Uniforce bows, plus a good friend of mine owned 2 or 3 of them. The Power Balanced riser was a cast magnesium riser that was a pretty decent one for the time. It was slightly reflexed, and balanced well as the name suggests. It is a fairly stout riser, and should be plenty strong. My first "modern" compound bow was a Bear First Strike that was built on that riser. That particular bow had very sloppy limb pockets, which I ended up glass bedding like a rifle stock. Still, it was a very good shooter. I sold it to buy a Hoyt Superslam, and didn't gain very much in terms of shooting accuracy, though the Hoyt was a better made bow. The friend I mentioned had a Carbon Extreme. Same riser, but much better tolerances. Very good performing bow and very accurate. I acquired it from him when he bought his first Uniforce. His Uniforce was quiet for the early '90s, with no Sims technology available at the time. He shot the bow well, and took several deer with it and the newer Uniforce he bought when the 80% letoff cams became available. These early one cams do have quite a bit of vertical nock travel, but still shot and tuned pretty well. My last Bear/Jennings bow of the time period was a Bear Superstrike. It was a very good shooter (I shot my best 3D score ever with that bow), and I kept it and hunted with it for about 5 years. The Uniforce will certainly do the job for deer hunting and 3D shooting, and heck, you are getting it for next to nothing. It should do a good job for you.

Quick Reply: Q about Jennings Bows

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.