Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

mitghty mite setup ?

Old 07-04-2004, 05:52 PM

Default mitghty mite setup ?

iam thinking about putting my bowtech mighty mite down to 61-62 pounds and shooting beman ics carbon 400 carbon arrows at 28 inch with whisker biscuit b2 rest and my draw length is 29 inch and i will be shooting a fixed blade 1 1/8" will this set up pass through a deer at 30-35 yards with no problem with a good shot.. i have always used heavy poundage and my new razortec is set at 68 pounds.. i want the mighty mite for a cold wheather set up or just feel like takeing it out..
Old 07-04-2004, 06:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: mitghty mite setup ?

With a well placed shot, a well tuned bow and sharp broadheads I would be inclined to say, yes, your arrow will pass through the deer in question. However, besides those variables I mentioned above there are others that we cannot control which could impact arrow penetration at that distance.

I would see what kind of KE and momentum numbers your setup is generating at that distance. If you head to www.bowjackson.com I think you should be able to determine it.